Friday, July 31, 2009
Want to know what kind of mistakes it is that S keeps making? I'm really struggling with it because on the surface, she's a nice enough person. She's just a bubble-headed idiot. Bless her heart.
There have been innumerable small mistakes, the kind of mistakes that we all have made while we were learning, she just makes them two or three times before she learns from them. And aparently sometime during our first week, she managed to complete a transaction that involved depositing someone's paystub. That's right, the stub, not the check. And double-duh, because the bitch who did it had direct deposit, and the stub had no account numbers/routing numbers and instead of a signature, it had written in huge letters, "NOT A NEGOTIABLE INSTRUMENT, DEPOSIT ADVICE ONLY". Duh.
Then today, she was working on finalizing a checking account that someone opened up the night before. Another customer came in to open an account, so I was helping them. While I was helping them, another customer came to the counter, so she got up to wait on them. While she was there, one of the people with my customer asked me, "Will you take better care of their information that THIS PERSON??!!?!??!" as she turned to S's desk and picked up the papers showing me the other customer's copy of their driver's license, SS#, address, etc. Ugh. I had to gather up the papers and go give them to my boss. He was PISSED.
Later, she had a family friend come in to open an account. Naturally, she wanted ME to do the computer work while she played with her friend's baby. And naturally, she had pitched the account benefits without ever mentioning any of the fees or the requirements, so I had to be the Big Bad Guy.
We were busy as hell today, and I am driven to madness trying to figure out where all these people get such mad cash to be depositing into their accounts. One guy had $1400. I was tempted to sniff it for traces of drugs. All my money comes from my paycheck. Where does someone come up with $1400 in cash to put into their bank account??
On the plus side, we got our monthly account quota (barely), which means I'll get another bonus. That's 2 hours of comp time (basically, just two hours added to my paycheck), plus a gift card divvying up the branch-wide bonus. Last month's was $96, but we didn't do quite as well this month. Still, it'll help buy lunches for the month, which really takes the pressure off of my finances during those last days before the paycheck comes in...
Another thing I've noticed: when The Boss is gone, more and more often, my co-workers are asking ME to verify information. "Sassy, when does the annual fee get charged to their account, at the end of the month, or on their anniversary date?" "Sassy, I'm out of balance, and I can't find my mistake. Can you take a look at it?" "Sassy, how do you add a second person to a joint account?" "Sassy, when are we drawing the winner for the raffle?" "Sassy, what do I need to finish this raffle ticket sale?"
I must plot my next steps carefully; barring any unforseen catastrophic mistakes, it won't be long before I've taken over with the ONE RING TO RULE THEM ALL!!!
, pardon, I got carried away.
There have been innumerable small mistakes, the kind of mistakes that we all have made while we were learning, she just makes them two or three times before she learns from them. And aparently sometime during our first week, she managed to complete a transaction that involved depositing someone's paystub. That's right, the stub, not the check. And double-duh, because the bitch who did it had direct deposit, and the stub had no account numbers/routing numbers and instead of a signature, it had written in huge letters, "NOT A NEGOTIABLE INSTRUMENT, DEPOSIT ADVICE ONLY". Duh.
Then today, she was working on finalizing a checking account that someone opened up the night before. Another customer came in to open an account, so I was helping them. While I was helping them, another customer came to the counter, so she got up to wait on them. While she was there, one of the people with my customer asked me, "Will you take better care of their information that THIS PERSON??!!?!??!" as she turned to S's desk and picked up the papers showing me the other customer's copy of their driver's license, SS#, address, etc. Ugh. I had to gather up the papers and go give them to my boss. He was PISSED.
Later, she had a family friend come in to open an account. Naturally, she wanted ME to do the computer work while she played with her friend's baby. And naturally, she had pitched the account benefits without ever mentioning any of the fees or the requirements, so I had to be the Big Bad Guy.
We were busy as hell today, and I am driven to madness trying to figure out where all these people get such mad cash to be depositing into their accounts. One guy had $1400. I was tempted to sniff it for traces of drugs. All my money comes from my paycheck. Where does someone come up with $1400 in cash to put into their bank account??
On the plus side, we got our monthly account quota (barely), which means I'll get another bonus. That's 2 hours of comp time (basically, just two hours added to my paycheck), plus a gift card divvying up the branch-wide bonus. Last month's was $96, but we didn't do quite as well this month. Still, it'll help buy lunches for the month, which really takes the pressure off of my finances during those last days before the paycheck comes in...
Another thing I've noticed: when The Boss is gone, more and more often, my co-workers are asking ME to verify information. "Sassy, when does the annual fee get charged to their account, at the end of the month, or on their anniversary date?" "Sassy, I'm out of balance, and I can't find my mistake. Can you take a look at it?" "Sassy, how do you add a second person to a joint account?" "Sassy, when are we drawing the winner for the raffle?" "Sassy, what do I need to finish this raffle ticket sale?"
I must plot my next steps carefully; barring any unforseen catastrophic mistakes, it won't be long before I've taken over with the ONE RING TO RULE THEM ALL!!!
Comments:
Post a Comment