Tuesday, August 18, 2009
PMS, it is time I use your power for good, not evil.
Two weeks ago, I canceled my car insurance policy. Actually, technically, I gave notice that they were not to renew it at the end of the current policy because I was being added to my husband's policy. "No prob." they told me, "Just bring us something in writing for the file." I did. A week later, they debited my bank account anyway. Or, they ATTEMPTED to debit it, because naturally there was next to nothing IN that account, since I was getting ready to CLOSE IT. So BAM, $98 debited, $30 overdraft fee. Next day, $98 debit was rejected. Naturally I had no idea, given that I had no expectation that there was any activity. I got the notice in the mail 3 days later. The same day that they started charging me a continuous overdraft fee of $6 a day. I called the agent. No answer. I called again later, got him on the phone. He said he'd look into it and get back to me. Monday rolls around and I call again, still no answer. Finally they call me back at work--naturally when a customer had just sat down at my desk to open an account so I couldn't sit and argue with them. They said not to worry, the company had already cut a check to pay it back and I'd get it in the mail. Oh, that was a check for $98. They don't owe me $98, that debit was rejected. Sure enough, this morning shows ANOTHER attempt to debit my account $98. So that's TWO overdraft fees, plus $6x 4 days= a total of $84 plus an extra $6 for every day it takes them to straighten this out.
I'm not doing this over the phone. I'm going to his office and I'm not leaving until it's fixed.
And I have PMS.
Two weeks ago, I canceled my car insurance policy. Actually, technically, I gave notice that they were not to renew it at the end of the current policy because I was being added to my husband's policy. "No prob." they told me, "Just bring us something in writing for the file." I did. A week later, they debited my bank account anyway. Or, they ATTEMPTED to debit it, because naturally there was next to nothing IN that account, since I was getting ready to CLOSE IT. So BAM, $98 debited, $30 overdraft fee. Next day, $98 debit was rejected. Naturally I had no idea, given that I had no expectation that there was any activity. I got the notice in the mail 3 days later. The same day that they started charging me a continuous overdraft fee of $6 a day. I called the agent. No answer. I called again later, got him on the phone. He said he'd look into it and get back to me. Monday rolls around and I call again, still no answer. Finally they call me back at work--naturally when a customer had just sat down at my desk to open an account so I couldn't sit and argue with them. They said not to worry, the company had already cut a check to pay it back and I'd get it in the mail. Oh, that was a check for $98. They don't owe me $98, that debit was rejected. Sure enough, this morning shows ANOTHER attempt to debit my account $98. So that's TWO overdraft fees, plus $6x 4 days= a total of $84 plus an extra $6 for every day it takes them to straighten this out.
I'm not doing this over the phone. I'm going to his office and I'm not leaving until it's fixed.
And I have PMS.
Comments:
Post a Comment