Wednesday, October 07, 2009
It was my day off today. Or, I should say: I didn't get paid to work today. Any day I have off from work is usually spent working at home on something else. The concept of having two days off in a row, much less two days in a row with nothing to do? Who does that anymore? So it was my "day off", which meant that all I had to do was go to a couples counseling session, call and argue with the pharmacy, call and argue with the doctor, wait impatiently for a phone call that never came, run to the store, argue with the pharmacy, buy medical supplies that insurance should be covering, buy groceries, restock DD's glucose meter kit, pack it with some snacks, drop it off with her school, take the groceries home and put them away, pay bills, research appliance options for the new house, return a lengthy phone call, take DD to an opthamologist appointment, fix dinner, take a shower, and sit on the sofa and eat bonbons all day.
My DD's stupid doctor strikes again. We ran out of test strips and lancets, but couldn't refill them because she only wrote the script for enough to cover 3 tests a day, but ordered us to test 7 times a day. And naturally, nobody at the pharmacy or the doctor's office recognizes what a big fucking deal this is. Of course this wouldn't have become an URGENT problem if I had received my child support on Monday when it was due, which caused me to wait until Tuesday to order the refills, which was then exacerbated by the fact that the pharmacy called my home to tell me to call them rather than the work number I gave them (I was only yards away from them all fucking day), and naturally I didn't get the message until they were closed. Still, the doctor could easily pick up the phone and correct her mistake, but here I sit, 12 hours later and the problem is still not corrected. I just love spending what little money I have on things that my insurace should be paying for.
It turns out that the mystery "Call Regarding DD" letter I got from the group that manages her medicaid insurance plain (she's on Rusty's insurance and on the state's Children's insurance plan) wasn't bad news after all--it was just a nurse offering to put her into a Case Management program so someone could coordinate all of her various expanding needs. She even told me that it's possible that I could be reimbursed for the supplies I had to buy over the counter.
I am dreading seeing the bills that are sure to being coming in any day now. I have little faith that I'm going to get off easy on that one, two insurances or not.
And lastly, the opthamologist informs us that it's neither unusual or alarming that DD's eyesight has gone so out of whack with her glasses prescription. It turns out that when blood sugar is extremely high, the retina soaks up a large amount of sugars, which distorts the vision. Now that her blood sugar is under control again, it'll take a couple of months for things to return to normal, so we have to see him again in December before we know if she'll need new glasses. I suspect she will.
And just because this is the only place I can express such an idea without her hearing about it: it's like all I have to do is breathe these days and I start hemmoraging money. It's enough to make me psychotic.
My DD's stupid doctor strikes again. We ran out of test strips and lancets, but couldn't refill them because she only wrote the script for enough to cover 3 tests a day, but ordered us to test 7 times a day. And naturally, nobody at the pharmacy or the doctor's office recognizes what a big fucking deal this is. Of course this wouldn't have become an URGENT problem if I had received my child support on Monday when it was due, which caused me to wait until Tuesday to order the refills, which was then exacerbated by the fact that the pharmacy called my home to tell me to call them rather than the work number I gave them (I was only yards away from them all fucking day), and naturally I didn't get the message until they were closed. Still, the doctor could easily pick up the phone and correct her mistake, but here I sit, 12 hours later and the problem is still not corrected. I just love spending what little money I have on things that my insurace should be paying for.
It turns out that the mystery "Call Regarding DD" letter I got from the group that manages her medicaid insurance plain (she's on Rusty's insurance and on the state's Children's insurance plan) wasn't bad news after all--it was just a nurse offering to put her into a Case Management program so someone could coordinate all of her various expanding needs. She even told me that it's possible that I could be reimbursed for the supplies I had to buy over the counter.
I am dreading seeing the bills that are sure to being coming in any day now. I have little faith that I'm going to get off easy on that one, two insurances or not.
And lastly, the opthamologist informs us that it's neither unusual or alarming that DD's eyesight has gone so out of whack with her glasses prescription. It turns out that when blood sugar is extremely high, the retina soaks up a large amount of sugars, which distorts the vision. Now that her blood sugar is under control again, it'll take a couple of months for things to return to normal, so we have to see him again in December before we know if she'll need new glasses. I suspect she will.
And just because this is the only place I can express such an idea without her hearing about it: it's like all I have to do is breathe these days and I start hemmoraging money. It's enough to make me psychotic.
Comments:
Post a Comment