Tuesday, October 13, 2009
Ohferfucksake, what a craptastic day. I had to work a double shift today, which alway sucks, but I couldn't sleep last night, then add the fact that DD's blood sugar dipped to 34 last night, and I was shoving sugar down her throat as fast as I could get her to eat it at 2am, and my period started today? Yeah, craptastic.
So more drama regarding S's departure from work... Boss confirmed that she is definitely "gone", i.e.: not returning. A regular customer asked B if S was still working here, and B, being coy because we're not sure what we're allowed to say, said she's not sure, because she'd been out sick for a while, blah blah, and Regular Customer (who has become buds with S) said, "Yeah, she'd said she was thinking about quitting." What?? Fucking what? This woman worked alongside all of us all this time and knew what a total PITA it would be to work while Boss was out of town, AND she knew what enormous amount of stress *I*'m under at this very moment, and she decided to quit NOW? She couldn't wait ONE WEEK? And she did it by just not showing up anymore? Really? *sigh* Then she stopped in this afternoon to turn in her keys, and was absolutely vague about every possible detail. We know she moved out of her apartment and in with her mother about 25 miles away. And she said, "I don't know if they'll hold my job for me." Hold her job? How do you stop coming to work and expect them to hold your job? Even if she has a doctor's excuse, she was clearly supposed to be back on Monday and just didn't show up. Not cool. Not fucking COOL, bitch.
And J strikes again. I guess now she's the official blonde of the branch? First of all, it was her day off, and she had to do some grocery shopping, so naturally she put on her uniform just in case we were swamped. We weren't. But she hung around anyway. She needed to tell me to close an account. Remember that one account she let the customer walk out without signing the signature card? Well, in order to save our score, she had to close the account. You can't close an account that has money in it. 4 days later, the customer still hadn't answered a phone or come in to sign the paper, so she hadn't come in to empty her account, either. An Asst. Mgr. at another branch advised her that to empty the account, we had to print a money order for the balance and hold it for the customer, in the meantime, we could close the account once it was empty. So J processed the money order and put the paperwork in the Customer Pending file, where we hold papers that are waiting to get signed, etc. and we had to wait overnight for the transaction to post before the balance was officially zero, and so she'd come back in to tell me to close that account for her. I tried, but alas, the account wasn't empty. Why?? Because when she printed the money order, she put ALL the paperwork in the customer pending file. Including all the teller paperwork that's supposed to get run with branch capture, so the transaction was never officially processed by headquarters, so technically, it didn't exist.
Why?? WHY would you do something like this?? "Well, I knew the counter check didn't have her signature on it, so I didn't think it could be run through branch capture."
OK. This is true, the counter check a customer writes to get a money order out of their account generally requires a signature. But your thought process stopped there? It didn't occur to you that SOMETHING had to get run through branch capture? You didn't think, "Am I supposed to write something in place of her signature?" or perhaps, "What do I do with this counter check now that it's half-filled out?" or even, "What will we do with the money order stubs once we're done closing this account?" or throw caution to the wind and think, "Maybe I should ASK SOMEBODY WHAT TO DO WITH THESE PAPERS???"
So naturally, now not only do we have the point hit on the signature card she fucked up, but we'll also have a BRANCH WIDE exception due to the fucked up transaction she attempted to do to fix it.
And then, just to add insult to injury: the branch manager at another branch who was covering Boss's manager duties that J & I aren't authorized to do had to research a transaction that was run over the weekend--apaprently there was a check for just over $3k that was processed without putting a hold on it. D'ball did it. Turns out, he THOUGHT he had permission to run it from J, because she said she knew it was OK, because it was a regular customer of ours who regularly deposits checks from this company in these amounts. These things may be true, but she still has the same transaction limit that I do, which is $1k, so she had no authority to approve the transaction. And now corporate flagged the transaction because someone broke the rules. And now both she and D'ball have lots of splainin' to do.
In the menatime, I'll just keep doing all my duties accurately and efficiently, continually exceeding goals and expectations and not presuming that I'm already in charge, thanks.
So more drama regarding S's departure from work... Boss confirmed that she is definitely "gone", i.e.: not returning. A regular customer asked B if S was still working here, and B, being coy because we're not sure what we're allowed to say, said she's not sure, because she'd been out sick for a while, blah blah, and Regular Customer (who has become buds with S) said, "Yeah, she'd said she was thinking about quitting." What?? Fucking what? This woman worked alongside all of us all this time and knew what a total PITA it would be to work while Boss was out of town, AND she knew what enormous amount of stress *I*'m under at this very moment, and she decided to quit NOW? She couldn't wait ONE WEEK? And she did it by just not showing up anymore? Really? *sigh* Then she stopped in this afternoon to turn in her keys, and was absolutely vague about every possible detail. We know she moved out of her apartment and in with her mother about 25 miles away. And she said, "I don't know if they'll hold my job for me." Hold her job? How do you stop coming to work and expect them to hold your job? Even if she has a doctor's excuse, she was clearly supposed to be back on Monday and just didn't show up. Not cool. Not fucking COOL, bitch.
And J strikes again. I guess now she's the official blonde of the branch? First of all, it was her day off, and she had to do some grocery shopping, so naturally she put on her uniform just in case we were swamped. We weren't. But she hung around anyway. She needed to tell me to close an account. Remember that one account she let the customer walk out without signing the signature card? Well, in order to save our score, she had to close the account. You can't close an account that has money in it. 4 days later, the customer still hadn't answered a phone or come in to sign the paper, so she hadn't come in to empty her account, either. An Asst. Mgr. at another branch advised her that to empty the account, we had to print a money order for the balance and hold it for the customer, in the meantime, we could close the account once it was empty. So J processed the money order and put the paperwork in the Customer Pending file, where we hold papers that are waiting to get signed, etc. and we had to wait overnight for the transaction to post before the balance was officially zero, and so she'd come back in to tell me to close that account for her. I tried, but alas, the account wasn't empty. Why?? Because when she printed the money order, she put ALL the paperwork in the customer pending file. Including all the teller paperwork that's supposed to get run with branch capture, so the transaction was never officially processed by headquarters, so technically, it didn't exist.
Why?? WHY would you do something like this?? "Well, I knew the counter check didn't have her signature on it, so I didn't think it could be run through branch capture."
OK. This is true, the counter check a customer writes to get a money order out of their account generally requires a signature. But your thought process stopped there? It didn't occur to you that SOMETHING had to get run through branch capture? You didn't think, "Am I supposed to write something in place of her signature?" or perhaps, "What do I do with this counter check now that it's half-filled out?" or even, "What will we do with the money order stubs once we're done closing this account?" or throw caution to the wind and think, "Maybe I should ASK SOMEBODY WHAT TO DO WITH THESE PAPERS???"
So naturally, now not only do we have the point hit on the signature card she fucked up, but we'll also have a BRANCH WIDE exception due to the fucked up transaction she attempted to do to fix it.
And then, just to add insult to injury: the branch manager at another branch who was covering Boss's manager duties that J & I aren't authorized to do had to research a transaction that was run over the weekend--apaprently there was a check for just over $3k that was processed without putting a hold on it. D'ball did it. Turns out, he THOUGHT he had permission to run it from J, because she said she knew it was OK, because it was a regular customer of ours who regularly deposits checks from this company in these amounts. These things may be true, but she still has the same transaction limit that I do, which is $1k, so she had no authority to approve the transaction. And now corporate flagged the transaction because someone broke the rules. And now both she and D'ball have lots of splainin' to do.
In the menatime, I'll just keep doing all my duties accurately and efficiently, continually exceeding goals and expectations and not presuming that I'm already in charge, thanks.
Comments:
Post a Comment