<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, November 09, 2009

Good Lord, if I knew it'd take me this long to start to get back into a rhythm... There have been at least a dozen things I've wanted to get online and write about, but I've rarely had the time or energy, and it's more than I could hope for to have both. Ah the Moving Diatribe I could go on. Or the Therapist Drama, or the Mouthy Preteen Drama, or the Scary Workplace Accident Drama, or the I Hate Insurance Rant... But none of it begged to be written more than my bed begged me to get in it and stay. Have you ever explained to your loved ones that you are exhausted, cannot handle any more **STUFF**, and desperately need to just drop out for a while? "Yeah, so when are you going to XXXXX, YYYYYY, or ZZZZZ? And when you're done, will you XXX, YYY, and ZZZ for me? Why didn't you XXXX, YYYY, ZZZZ?"

Ugh. Let me rephrase: Leave me the fuck ALONE for a few days. Seriously.

My work has drama, too, though I think I've diverted it into a sort of Eddy of Entertainment... Last month when S quit, it really threw us all for a loop WRT to scheduling, particularly since The Boss was on vacation. Then the day after he came back, he went back home, sick with H1N1, which then felled D-ball shortly thereafter, so it was J, B and ME running the branch for a few days--like what I really needed was to work for two weeks without a day off. Once everyone was back and it was time to do the schedule for November, The Boss explained to me that he'd have to switch me back to regular Retail Banker keys because of the schedule disruption from losing S. He didn't explain it well, and J seemed to really relish her Superior Position. I tried not to take it personally, but she got under my skin. It wasn't til later that I realized that the Boss's mindset was that if he only had 2 people with Guard keys, then it would only be those two that worked overtime, and since he's on salary, that would save the branch $$$ in payroll. And I realized that had he switched J instead of me, I'd be working 3 11 hr shifts a week and still only have 2 days off. So I let J feel all superior while I went home and took a nap.

The thing that this turn of events has shone a light on, however, is exactly what an enormous ass-kisser J is. I have seriously never known such a cloying little sychophant in my life. She's tried some weird version of cock blocking... Boss Blocking?... asking if we need anything from him because she's about to call him, or claiming to already have talked with him about something if you were about to call him... very protective and WEIRD. If she were remotely attractive (and that's being kind), I would suspect she was fucking him, but that's just twelve kinds of wrong (like Maude and Chachi kind of wrong), and I wouldn't believe it unless I saw it with my own eyes (and I am certain that would be the last thing I saw, as Hysterical Blindness is sure to set in immmediately thereafter). I digress... it started with the cell phones, constantly texting him and calling when he wasn't there. She had thrown him a birthday party last summer when we first started, but no one's birthday has been remembered since, and I know for a fact at least 2 have passed unnoticed.  Then she started making Not Subtle At All comments about how she should be the Assistant Manager because she practically does the job now. Note: Boss has made it clear that he doesn't want to hire an Asst. Mgr. from outside the branch, that he wants to promote one of us. I am clearly the closest thing to a threat to her in this position. They were discussing what to wear for Halloween, and she said she'd just come in as The Manager. [eye roll]

Then last week when Boss got a new puppy? She emailed everyone in the branch asking if we would go in with her to throw him a Puppy Shower. As far as I know, no one responded. Gag. But it gets even better: Boss invited us all to his new apartment for a housewarming party. A couple of days later, she sends another email to the branch, "Would you guys like to go in with me to get something for Boss and Girlfriend's new apartment? I was going to get something anyway, but maybe we could all pitch in for something." The next email in my inbox was, "Hahahahaha! I don't think I was supposed to be included in this email! Your presence is the only present I need!! ;-) --Boss"

Retch, hurl.

That same day, she tried to convince Boss to go play golf with her husband. Golf. He's 23 and into football. He couldn't refuse fast enough. Today, he was asking us if we knew a good vet in the area, as it's time to bring his new puppy in for his shots. He was lamenting the fact that he works so much and was unfamiliar with the area he just moved into and was afraid it'd be hard to get an appointment when he had time. J tried to convince him to let HER take the pup in for him.

Seriously, how much more does she have to try before he catches on? SERIOUSLY, people!

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?