Sunday, January 03, 2010
I had this song stuck in my head all day yesterday at work. There was only one cure:
Nouns, From Schoolhouse Rock, Bank-Style!
Well every person you can know,
And every place that you can go,
And anything that you can show,
You know they're nouns.
A noun's a special kind of word,
It's any name you ever heard,
I find it quite interesting,
A noun's a person, place or thing.
Oh I took a call, took a call from a guy named Lee
He didn’t understand how he got an overdraft fee
The check cashing place overdrew his account,
He swears they took out the wrong amount
When I took a call, took call from a guy named Lee.
Well, every person you can know (like a guy, or enforcer)
And every place that you can go (like a casino or a liquor store)
And anything that you can show (like your kneecaps, or a crowbar)
You know they’re nouns – you know they’re nouns, oh…
Mr. Jones is a guy who just won the lottery.
He walked right in and handed that check to me.
I told him we’d have to put the check on hold,
His response was quite colorful and bold.
Mr. Jones is a guy who just won the lottery.
Well, every person you can know (Mr. Jones, or Nigerian Prince)
And every place that you can go (like Canada, or hell)
And anything that you can show (an attitude, or your finger)
You know they’re nouns – you know they’re nouns, oh…
I took a break and went to buy some food.
A lady complained that I’d been completely rude.
She wanted me to price check all the things in her cart.
And refused to believe I don’t work for Wal Mart.
When I took a break and went to buy some food.
Well every person you can know (like a lady, or the manager)
And every place that you can go (like Electronics, or Customer Service)
And anything that you can show (a Snuggie, some Gin and a crock pot)
You know they’re nouns – you know they’re nouns.
Oh, I have a customer who’s sweet on me.
He’s made his feelings known quite adamantly.
He may be the King of the Trailer Park,
But I can’t pretend that I feel the spark.
Oh, I have a customer who’s sweet on me.
Well every person you can know (like a girlfriend, or a goat)
And every place that you can go (like the back room, or vacation)
And anything that you can show (a restraining order, or a wedding ring)
You know they’re nouns.
A noun's a special kind of word,
It's any name you ever heard,
I find it quite interesting,
A noun's a person, place, or thing.
A noun is a person, place or thing.
Nouns, From Schoolhouse Rock, Bank-Style!
Well every person you can know,
And every place that you can go,
And anything that you can show,
You know they're nouns.
A noun's a special kind of word,
It's any name you ever heard,
I find it quite interesting,
A noun's a person, place or thing.
Oh I took a call, took a call from a guy named Lee
He didn’t understand how he got an overdraft fee
The check cashing place overdrew his account,
He swears they took out the wrong amount
When I took a call, took call from a guy named Lee.
Well, every person you can know (like a guy, or enforcer)
And every place that you can go (like a casino or a liquor store)
And anything that you can show (like your kneecaps, or a crowbar)
You know they’re nouns – you know they’re nouns, oh…
Mr. Jones is a guy who just won the lottery.
He walked right in and handed that check to me.
I told him we’d have to put the check on hold,
His response was quite colorful and bold.
Mr. Jones is a guy who just won the lottery.
Well, every person you can know (Mr. Jones, or Nigerian Prince)
And every place that you can go (like Canada, or hell)
And anything that you can show (an attitude, or your finger)
You know they’re nouns – you know they’re nouns, oh…
I took a break and went to buy some food.
A lady complained that I’d been completely rude.
She wanted me to price check all the things in her cart.
And refused to believe I don’t work for Wal Mart.
When I took a break and went to buy some food.
Well every person you can know (like a lady, or the manager)
And every place that you can go (like Electronics, or Customer Service)
And anything that you can show (a Snuggie, some Gin and a crock pot)
You know they’re nouns – you know they’re nouns.
Oh, I have a customer who’s sweet on me.
He’s made his feelings known quite adamantly.
He may be the King of the Trailer Park,
But I can’t pretend that I feel the spark.
Oh, I have a customer who’s sweet on me.
Well every person you can know (like a girlfriend, or a goat)
And every place that you can go (like the back room, or vacation)
And anything that you can show (a restraining order, or a wedding ring)
You know they’re nouns.
A noun's a special kind of word,
It's any name you ever heard,
I find it quite interesting,
A noun's a person, place, or thing.
A noun is a person, place or thing.
Comments:
Post a Comment