<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, February 13, 2010

This is not another "BankWorld" blog! Yay!!!
Instead, it's another "My Step-D Is Seriously Fucked Up" blog. Booo!

Ugh. Seriously. Rusty's trying to finish up some homework, so he's camped out in the front room with his laptop while I stay in the den with H while she watches TV (you'll recall she can't stay in a room by herself for more an a few minutes at a time). So I'm sitting here at the computer when I hear a distinct rubbing sound. I didn't recall H having out her crayons or markers, but that's what it sounded like she was doing. So I turned to see what she was coloring to find her sitting there, legs spread out OB-style, vigorously rubbing her crotch. She immediately stopped and jerked her hand away, pretending she wasn't doing anything "wrong". This is not the first time I've caught her touching herself in this way... Now frankly, if she were 3, I would think nothing of this, and just gently explain to her that it's inappropriate to touch herself that way in front of people. But she is not 3. She's 7. She is far too old for this type of behavior to be "innocent" in any way. She's been doing it so much lately, Sea Hag finally started taking her back to her therapist (this was instigated by a phone call from SCHOOL saying she'd been doing this AT SCHOOL). Naturally, the Therapist that Sea Hag has chosen probably got her degree from a Jamaican Head Shop, and has told Sea Hag it's no big deal, that she just does it as a stress reliever. WTF?? SEVEN YEAR OLDS do NOT masturbate to relieve STRESS. And we're completley impotent here--Rusty and I are completely convinced this girl is being (or has been) victimized in some way--by whom, we have no idea. But I just don't believe for a split second that this is "normal" behavior and "nothing to worry about". Rusty keeps trying to throw in just the right question to get her to talk about it, but so far, nothing. We have to be careful not overdo it, but what else can we do???

Oh, and another good one: H made a picture for her Dad for Valentine's Day. It's a big poster-sized finger painting. About  5/6 of the page was colored in red and blue, with the bottom of the page a nice white space with her name carefully written. Then she went back and covered all of the "art" portion with black. You can only see bits and pieces of whatever she'd painted underneath. My analysis: she feels she is not ALLOWED to express herself regarding her father. Whatever she'd painted, she needed to cover up when she realized that her mother would see it, too. >:\

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?