<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

And the rage continues. I had a frank discussion with B about it. We sort of brainstormed about all the possible reasons or excuses for Boss's noncommittal and disrescpectful behavior as of late. "What if he plans on dragging out the hiring process until you're eligible?" Well, that's a nice little fantasy there, but frankly, I think it's naive, if not borderline delusional. We agreed that in some respects, he's probably walking a thin line because of corporate requirements that are in place to make sure we meet Equal Opportunity laws. However I seriously doubt that these policies require that he not speak to me whatsoever about the process.

Amid the conversation, she revealed that she had very recently turned down a good job offer and was now regretting it--which Boss was made aware of. She also accidentally revealed what she's making--she's getting paid a full $3/hr more than me, and she has no college degree. I already knew that S was paid more than me because he refuses to bank with us and routinely withdraws his paycheck every payday, and he can't do his own transactions. Let the humiliation continue!

And to cap off the day: a "customer" came to the branch today to cash a check written to her by an account holder. After cashing the check, she needed to send half of it to her son via Western Union. SHE just happened to be the maker of the check that caused my write up. HER SON just happened to be the person who gave it to me to cash. I wanted desperately to refuse to do her transactions, explain to her that her dirtbag behavior has consequences on other people, and to never come back to this branch again or I'll call the police to arrest her for writing bad checks. In fact, I could probably get away with doing that. But I didn't. I just chewed on the inside of my cheek and kept working. After she left, I regretted not cussing her out. I thought about keeping a note on my computer, so that when she comes in again (she's been coming in regularly, it seems), I can just print it off and give it to her along with her receipt.

Dirtbag.

Oh, and I emailed Boss, asking if he was available to talk this afternoon, or if he'd prefer to wait until tomorrow. Naturally, he hasn't responded.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?