Thursday, August 05, 2010
Today Boss casually emailed the entire branch announcing that the job listing for Assistant Branch Manager will be posted in "the next few weeks", adding that it must be open to the entire company, and he encourages "everyone who qualifies" to apply.
So. I wish I were psychic or telepathic or SOMETHING... I just wish I had a clue about what's what. What are the important things the company will demand the candidate have? Who else has a say (besides him) who gets hired? Who else will I have to interview with? And lastly, does he WANT me to apply? I guess the answer to that is yes, but I wonder what my chances are. I know on paper it seems like a no-brainer, of course I'll get that job! I'm the best qualified person he has! *sigh* I'm not naive enough to believe that's all it takes. And since his conversations with S have revealed that he has been spending quite a lot of time socializing (read: drinking) with S outside of work, I start to wonder if that puts him a step ahead of me. I've been walked over in this manner before, it seems like a realistic worry.
So then I want to know how/if my write-ups effect my chances. And I have no knowledge of my co-worker's write ups--although I'm sure there have been some, it's just that nobody talks about it. Luckily with the latest incident regarding the vault screw-up, S was the other person involved, so I'm sure he got his butt chewed, too.
So I'm trying hard not to fantasize about how awesome the extra pay would be. I dare not get my hopes up.
So. I wish I were psychic or telepathic or SOMETHING... I just wish I had a clue about what's what. What are the important things the company will demand the candidate have? Who else has a say (besides him) who gets hired? Who else will I have to interview with? And lastly, does he WANT me to apply? I guess the answer to that is yes, but I wonder what my chances are. I know on paper it seems like a no-brainer, of course I'll get that job! I'm the best qualified person he has! *sigh* I'm not naive enough to believe that's all it takes. And since his conversations with S have revealed that he has been spending quite a lot of time socializing (read: drinking) with S outside of work, I start to wonder if that puts him a step ahead of me. I've been walked over in this manner before, it seems like a realistic worry.
So then I want to know how/if my write-ups effect my chances. And I have no knowledge of my co-worker's write ups--although I'm sure there have been some, it's just that nobody talks about it. Luckily with the latest incident regarding the vault screw-up, S was the other person involved, so I'm sure he got his butt chewed, too.
So I'm trying hard not to fantasize about how awesome the extra pay would be. I dare not get my hopes up.
Comments:
Post a Comment