<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Well THAT did not go well.

Basically, he denied everything. That he ever implied I could get around the writeup problem, that he avoided responding to my questions, that he had any responsibility at all for keeping me in the loop about it... he acted as if I'm totally overreacting and there's no way he could have known I'd take this so seriously.

First he says, "I didn't sit and think about EVERYone's individual situation and plan out exactly WHEN I was going to post the job based on what worked best for THEM." feigning ignorance about the proximity to the expiration date of my writeup. Then not 10 seconds later he says, "You'll be free to apply to another position on Sept. 31." (Duh, you idiot, there is no Sept. 31, but let's not digress) So he knew the expiration date, he clearly had to have looked it up recently, but I'm supposed to believe he didn't consider it before he posted? He seemed nearly incredulous that I should think he should have even considered it. Yes, after "Sept. 31", I can apply for another assistant mgr position. Let's see: there are 3 other branches within 40 minutes of my home. Three of them have posted these positions in the past 2 weeks. THREE of them. What are the chances that one is going to magically become available on "Sept. 31"?? And it should be no big deal to me to commute 50 miles a day? Sorry, buddy, but the folks waiting for me at home need more than a walk and some kibble, and simply working full time is enough strain on my family, I'm not about to add two hours a day in commuting, too.

Oh, and about the timing of the position? He says he's needed to fill it for a long time (duh), and just couldn't wait any longer because, I swear to GOD, "tax season is coming up". Tax season? Tax season starts in fucking JANUARY. Tax season my ass. All this time he's been telling us he COULDN'T hire an ABM because the regional VP wouldn't approve it. Now suddenly he's FORCED to within a 3 week period??

The thing is--and I told him as much: I could take this situation at it's bare facts and deal with the disappointment, had he not gone out of his way to manipulate and outright LIE about it. I don't appreciate being played like a stupid little bitch.

I told him that since there's no tangible incentive for all the extra work I do ("But I've TOLD you how much I appreciate your work. You do EXCELLENT WORK!" "Your platitudes don't pay the bills."), there's really no point in doing it anymore, and to just expect me to match "the boys" in their work ethic. He got a little snappy with me about 'maybe I should give the guard key to someone else'. He knows damned good and well that the guard key duties were NOT what I was talking about. Sure enough, this afternoon (after acting all day as though nothing happened), he dropped a list of accounts that were ready for a mailing on my desk, without a word. Really? Did I not just tell you I wasn't doing your ABM work for you if you can't at least treat me with some respect? He left shortly afterward, so I just put the list in the customer "to do" bin. Nobody but me and B ever goes through it anyway, so it'll sit there till he asks me about it. Then I'll put on my best D-ball face, shrug and so, "Oh. Guess I forgot."

Speaking of D-ball... suddenly around 2:30, Boss tells me that D-ball is going to leave early, and so is he. D-ball needs to go the BMV. Here's the thing: it's 2:30. S and I are closing. D-ball's normal shift ends at 4:30. S and I have not had lunch yet. No one is supposed to be alone in the branch, for obvious reasons. So I finish what I'm doing and go to lunch. When I'm done, S is busy at the teller line for a few minutes, then goes to lunch. While he's gone, D-ball closes his drawer, and leaves all the paperwork on the back counter, along with the bag filled with cash from his drawer. I notice this and ask him, "What time did you plan on leaving?" "He said I could go at 3:30."

Wait, 3:30? The BMV closes at 5pm. It is literally a block and a half away from us. I could walk there in less than 10 minutes. And this a dinky small town BMV, too. I've never had to wait in line more than 10 minutes there. Oh, and he had yesterday off, and he doesn't work until 12:30 tomorrow. There was no need to leave early at all, much less an HOUR early. Whatever. By now it's 3:38. He clocks out and leaves. S is still not back, I am alone in the branch, with $4400 in cash laying out on the counter that I did not count and to which have no idea who has or has not had access. We've been told dozens of times that we CANNOT EVER leave our bags unattended, it must be with US or under dual control. It protects you--if money turns up missing, no one can be accused of stealing out of it because no one was alone with it, and if money's missing out of YOUR bag, it falls on YOU, PERIOD. Dumbass. I made a point of staying as far away from it as possible (hello, 12 different security cameras in that area alone). When S got back and the customer line was finished, I pointed it out to him and said, "Shall we put that in the vault, or would you prefer to split it?" "No shit, right?"

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?