<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, September 01, 2010

A couple of weeks ago, S was all a-twitter over a new ap he got on his cell phone (which are banned from being used in view of customers). This ap allows him to falsify the caller ID when he is calling someone, and additionally very convincingly diguises his voice, too. Male, female, either way, it is unrecognizable and convincing. S decided to prank B with his new phone's ap.

He went to the back room, where he could watch her on the security cameras, and phoned her cell using a falsified number and a woman's voice, and asked for B's husband. B offered to take a message for him. A gave a false name, made some insinuating comment about enjoying spending time with him at the ball diamonds (B's husband is on his company's softball team, that's what he does as his "free time"). B curtly told the caller that she was his wife, and would let him know she was calling.

"Oh, I didn't know he was MARRIED!" and quickly hung up. Then S and D-Ball sat back and laughed at her, watching her fume and decide what to do next. She got up to go to the back room to make her call to her husband. When she got there, they were almost laughing too hard to stop her--they just barely stopped her before the call was connected.

They think this is hilarious.

B didn't have to report this to our boss--S did it himself, being so proud of himself. Boss did nothing but laugh.

I personally don't think this is in the least bit funny, much less any shade of professional. I am disgusted by his behavior, and even more disgusted by my boss's inability to recognize an HR problem.

Sure enough, B is now looking for another job. I don't blame her at all, I'd be too mad to forgive anyone, too, and with support like she got from our boss, there's little reason to hope things would improve. It's a shame because B is an excellent employee and it will be a significant loss to our branch.

So... I have to assume she hasn't reported this to HR herself, simply because she doesn't want to lose her job before she's found a new one. Since I wasn't working that afternoon, it is technically all hearsay to me. But I can't let this pass unnoticed. I'm afraid that reporting it now will look like a desperate attempt to stop S's promotion, and make it easier to believe it's not true.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?