<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, September 10, 2010

What a forking day.

First, I finally reached VP. She was cheerful and apologetic for not being immediately available, but encouraged me to continue to come to her if I feel Boss isn't responding appropriately. The long and short of it:

• No, there is no way around a disciplinary writeup freeze on promotions.
• No, Boss was not forced in any way to post this position when he did; he could have easily waited 4 weeks and allowed me to apply.

I explained to her that the reason I asked was because he'd given me conflicting information over the past 4 weeks or so, and I felt I was being lied to; in order to figure out why he would be dishonest, I had to figure out which was the lie and which was the truth. I went on to explain that the problem that B and I were having was that there seems to be 2 sets of rules in the branch--one for his buddies and one for the girls. I mentioned the morning I did all the morning work, half the transactions in the opening hours, and all of the customer pending work, while D-ball placed ads on Craigslist. "nuh-uh!" She wanted to clarify--was it even remotely possible that he was placing ads for something having to do with the branch. Hell no. "That won't fly. At all. There's no excuse for that sort of behavior." I went on to tell her that B and I have had this exact conversation with Boss at least a dozen times over the past couple of months, and whatever "action" he's taken to put a stop to it has had no effect, and the behavior has worsened, not improved over time. I also mentioned that he has told B specifically that he thinks we've just got it out for the guys, and we're being unreasonable. She asked me to please send her an email detailing the sort of behaviors that I am concerned about, and asked that B do the same if she feels comfortable doing it. She already had a meeting scheduled with Boss next Thursday, and she wants time to review it and figure out a game plan on how to address it without letting on that she got this information from B and I. I texted B and relayed that info, and she asked, "What should I say?"

*sigh*. So it's clear she really doesn't want to take any risk at all and is looking to me to spearhead this attack. Fine, whatever. I'll do it just because I think it's the right thing to do, to hell with my financial security, right? Anyway, I told her to detail her experiences to illustrate what sort of atmosphere the place has degenerated into and what effect it's had on her morale, and to PLEASE mention the horribly bad prank they pulled on her. Now if she'll only do it...

Naturally I was kept far too busy today to have the time to do the same for myself. I'll have to try to compose it from home in the morning and perhaps copy/paste a few of the emails I've sent to Boss complaining about their behavior in the past month when I get to work.

Then I got home to find out that the IRS has decided I owe more taxes from 2008. Ah FUCK. I'll have to let my dad take a look at it all. It's a load of bullshit, if you ask me of course.

There is a nice bit of news, though. I forgot to mention about my last doctor visit: I have now lost 15 lbs. since June. Thanks, Welbutrin!

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?