<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, October 30, 2010

I finally spoke with VP today. As I suspected, her first concern is that I'm so miserable there that there is nothing S-hole and Boss can do that won't get scrutinized, and I will make myself more miserable in the process. I told her that overall, I'm getting used to it, and things are settling down. As I suspected, it feels more like I'm working in his parent's basement or a frat house with all the trash-talking and low-level inappropriate talk amongst themselves, and the re-hashing of who got drunker last weekend, etc.

I clarified that the reason I brought it to her attention was a) I had been told that a 2nd member of management had to be present to get written up; and b) I had no confidence that Boss would self-report the incident and would instead, in fact do everything he could to cover it up.

She assured me that she as a network of people that scour reports and report those things to her, so Boss wouldn't be able to sweep it under the rug. She also explained that a 2nd member of management doesn't have to be PRESENT, and that (hint, hint) it can be done via phone call, and she just happened to have a conference call this past week with both Boss and S-hole.

Again, she assured me she wants to see me succeed, that she knew I'd interviewed at the other branch and wanted to remind me that she does the 2nd interviews, but she's travelling and won't be able to start those for a couple of weeks. AND, she told me that after thinking about it from my point of view, she thinks that if she were ME, she would NOT be able to work there, period. I hope that realization cements the idea in her head that I must be incredibly dedicated to the company and my job and she sees fit to help me find a promotion ASAP.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?