<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, October 15, 2010

This week just sucked. It's depressing how quickly a job I loved turned to shit. Disrespect has a profoundly negative effect. And at this point in my life, I've suffered far too much of it. But still, the days trudge on while I keep searching in vain for a new job or a promotion at another branch.

At least there are some customers to keep me entertained: About 2 minutes to closing time the other night, this guy rushes up to the counter and asks if we'd closed yet. Relieved to find we could still help him, he took a paper out of his pocket and put it on the counter, "I need to make a deposit for this lady." B pulled it to her. It was made out to deposit $100 cash. B waited politely for the cash. He stared expectantly back at her. "Did you have a check, or was that cash you wanted to deposit?" she finally asked. "No, that's all she gave me." Tick-tock-tick-tock. "So you don't have anything to deposit?" He swelled with anger, "I TOLD YOU that's all she gave me!! Just deposit what she wrote down!" "Sir, this is just a deposit slip, I need--" "JUST DEPOSIT what she wrote down! You can call her tomorrow!" "No, see, I can't deposit something that's not--" "What's the PROBLEM? I TOLD YOU--" and like the demon possessing him suddenly lost interest, he reverted back to Polite Man: "Do I have time to go get some cash at a register?" "Sir," I told him, "We'll stay open just for you, I promise." He scurried off, and B turned to me, "I was about to ask him if he wanted to deposit his good looks..."

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?