<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, October 25, 2010

Well the interview at the other branch went well. I'm undecided about whether I really want it or not.

The drive would be brutal--not only is it a full 45 miles away, but it's through the worst traffic spots between me and Chicago. I would spend at least an extra $45/week in gas alone. On the bright side, it's a very busy branch, and they don't socialize outside of work. They get along, there's no drama, because they're just too busy to indulge in such things.

I went in expecting to not really want the job, mainly because of the drive, partially because of the location--it's probably one of the most "urban" Wal Marts in the country--a very depressed area where a lot of businesses have closed. Hell, I got there early thinking I'd stop at a fast food joint for some lunch before it was time, but it turned out there were no fast food joints. A closed mall, a car dealer, a furniture rental place, but no fast food. There was an Indian food place in one of the strip malls, but I thought Indian food + job interview = potential disaster, so I skipped the meal.

I also assumed that, like our branch, there was a candidate in the branch expecting the promotion, and they'd be the most likely candidate. Turns out most of his staff is as experienced as I am, but only one person applied. He sounded like his real conundrum was whether to stick with the person he knows or bring in fresh blood. Honestly, either way, I don't care. Did I mention that I applied for a branch manager's job at a different branch south of us? Shorter drive, waaaay more money. I doubt I'll even get a call about it, but I had to put my name in there anyway, why not, right?

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?