Thursday, January 20, 2011
That was the easiest interview ever. It was an interesting conversation, at least. MBA was NOT the jerk he has come off to be, and I can easily see working with him without incident. Oh sure, I'm sure to post at least weekly about how many times he managed to tell someone he has an MBA (twice in our 1 hr 40 minute conversation, BTW), but I seriously doubt he's any more infuriating than Boss is. He actually said a couple of things that lead me to believe he was duly impressed--first, he mentioned several times that Boss and E both speak VERY VERY highly of me. Then he commented multiple times that he liked my answers (aparently it's common for people to say that the reason they want to be a manager is power and money-WTF?). Then, in the wrap up, instead of saying something general in the 3rd person about 'Reg. Mgr will be calling candidates for 2nd interviews by x-date' or somesuch, he said, 'Reg. Mgr will be calling YOU for a 2nd interview by x-date'. I am hopeful, but not desperate, because I have to be honest: the drive will SUCK. And by SUCK, I mean SuuuuuuhuhuhuuuuuhuhuhuhUCK. And I have to believe one of his offhanded remarks that if I don't end up as his asst mgr, I'm sure to get 'snatched up' by someone soon, as I am highly qualified. I am intruiged by his assertion that he doesn't plan to stay at that branch long (he's got an MBA, after all, so he needs to be moving up or out soon to utilize his education--[eyeroll]), so his real goal is to train his Asst. Mgr to become the branch mgr.
S-hole mentioned yesterday that he and Boss had had a discussion about the possibility of me leaving in the midst of our busiest season, and Boss seemed to be under the impression that they could make "some sort of deal" to keep me there "just for a critical amount of time" to get them through. I didn't reveal that to MBA, and just told him that Boss had said he didn't KNOW what they'll do. He explained that his regional mgr would have to talk with Boss' regional mgr and between the two of them THEY would decide when I would make the switch. That's cool. heheh.
S-hole mentioned yesterday that he and Boss had had a discussion about the possibility of me leaving in the midst of our busiest season, and Boss seemed to be under the impression that they could make "some sort of deal" to keep me there "just for a critical amount of time" to get them through. I didn't reveal that to MBA, and just told him that Boss had said he didn't KNOW what they'll do. He explained that his regional mgr would have to talk with Boss' regional mgr and between the two of them THEY would decide when I would make the switch. That's cool. heheh.
Comments:
Post a Comment