<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

And so the underhanded bullshit begins.

I closed on Monday, off Tuesday, opened Wednesday. When I came in this morning, I had a vague email from Boss asking me to recall anything relevant to closing on Monday. ???? I asked J if he knew what that was about, since he closed with me on Monday. He informed me that S-hole has claimed that we left the vault open. Oh, and he can't remember taking his drawer bag ($$$) out, either, so he thinks we left that out on top of the vault, too. AND the alarm wasn't on. Oh yes, because S-hole opened on Tuesday, and naturally came in and got "some stuff" done before D-ball came in to open--so he was there by himself when he "discovered" this problem.

Right.

Now I'll be the first to admit that because of my stupid flare-up recently, I have spaced a few details once in a while, so it's NOT IMPOSSIBLE that we forgot to close/lock the vault. HOWEVER: I know for a fact that I locked up the drawer bags because J and I debated over whether or not to put them in one compartment or the other (complicated, but there are two places in the vault we could put them). I also know for a FACT that I set the alarm.

The thing is, the alarm won't set if the vault door is open. And I know I set the alarm. Boss backpedaled in his discussion with J when he pointed that out, and claimed that sometimes it will "look" like it's setting, but turn off afterward. But that's not true, when you try to set the alarm when the vault door is open, it gives you an error code. Which didn't happen. Then to add to the argument, I had purchased a few things inside the store before my shift, but still had to buy a gallon of milk at the end of it, so before I left, I stashed the bags of stuff under the front desk so I wouldn't have to carry them through the store, then came back to retrieve them, and when I did that, just like every other time I leave the branch, I re-checked to make sure all the right locks were locked, the alarm was set, and nothing was left out that didn't belong out. The alarm was ON or I would have noticed it.

SO. It appears that S-hole is trying to get me written up so that I can't throw salt in his Big Promotion. In my response to Boss's email, I told him that I didn't think this unsubstantiated accusation was any coincidence, that I'd overheard S-hole's discussions with my co-workers about his big plans for a promotion, and I would not stand idly by while he tried to sabbotage me. Of course he didn't work today, and I don't work tomorrow, so I won't see him again until Friday, so who knows how he'll take it.

Soooooo unbelieveably pissed right now.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?