<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Got a call from Boss today. He was extremely concerned about my email--in that I seemed to be saying I expected him to not take my concerns seriously, and wanted details about the conversation I'd heard with S-hole, as well as another run-down of the whole vault episode.

Basically, I pointed out that at any other time, I'd have thought nothing of either situation, but that they happened consecutively is suspicious to me. Especially since S-hole's claim was presented as "I can't remember opening the vault, therefore I think they didn't close it." more than 8 hours after he opened, coupled with, "And I can't remember taking the bag out of the vault, therefore I think they left it out. AND I don't remember turning off the alarm, therefore they didn't set the alarm last night." Those are pretty serious accusations. I admit that there is a chance I didn't close the vault--it's one of those things in the whole closing routine that you aren't 100% conscious of sometimes because it doesn't involve signing paperwork or submitting a final report or anything like that, and when I remember closing it, I couldn't tell you if I remember doing it last Monday or the week before that (luckily for me, it'd been over a week before I'd closed before Monday, so it's not likely I'm remembering that far back). But what I DO remember is setting the alarm. If the vault door is open, the alarm will give an error code and won't allow you to turn it on. I DID turn it on. Further, there is a timer on the vault, and if it's still open at some point in the middle of the night, the alarm goes off and Boss gets a call in the middle of the night. He didnt' get that call. So now, *IF* I didn't close it, WHY did all of those things not happen?

Boss said it's all easily proven one way or another, and VP is pulling the security video to see, and he'll get the results today. Now I'm nervous as hell--what if I DID leave it open and just don't remember? How could the alarm not have stopped me?? I hate second-guessing myself, mainly because it's that retarded brain of mine when I'm having a fibro flareup--what if I really did space some sort of dip-shit thing that could get me fired?? No, I don't think even if I did do this that I'd get FIRED, but little things add up and could eventually result in that. OR I could end up with a writeup that conveniently prevents me from getting promoted AGAIN. Fuck. Fuckity fuck. I hope he calls or texts me and says, "THE VAULT WAS CLOSED!" so I can sleep tonight.

OH, had to add:
Last Saturday, I opened a corporate business account. That is to say, a business account for a corporation as opposed to a LLP or Sole Proprietorship. Boss is so nervous about opening these accounts that he has actually turned them away--it seems that getting the paperwork correct can be very tricky, it's a lot harder to do than a standard personal account, and your mistakes show up as big exceptions on our accuracy score, which is a big factor in his monthly bonus. I always thought his attitutude sucked, and he just needed to open a few more and be willing to take the hits so he could do them correctly and enjoy the fee income that those accounts bring. So when a customer came in asking about business accounts, I sat him down to see what sort of paperwork he had with him--turned out he had every document he needed, so there was no excuse to send him home for more stuff. I decided to plow ahead. I caled Boss (who was off that day), who acted like I just asked him to cross traffic blindfolded but said if I really wanted to go forward, to give it a shot. Big help. I called Lenny (that Springfield BM who is getting promoted, and who we commonly call for help when Boss isn't in), who helped me find some information on our intranet to get started. He answered some big questions and really got me going confidently. Boss was right in that the whole thing really did take pretty much all day, but I don't really get what is so damned frightening about the whole thing. When most of the paperwork was done, I emailed VP and asked her if she'd review it to help me catch any mistakes before we finalized it. I scanned all the papers and sent them to her, she emailed me back with a couple of changes, and I sent it off. 4 days later, we still had no exceptions on our accuracy score, so it looks like it all went through AOK. Yay me--makes me look good to Boss, Lenny, AND VP! Woo-hoo!

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?