<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, February 10, 2011

More developments at work... perhaps I'm not completely living in FantasyLand!

I walked in on S-hole and J's conversation about the new promotions and the fallout. It seems that one of the other managers that got promoted (from the Candy branch) is moving to Chicago is dating the Asst. Mgr at the Springfield branch, and rumor is he's going to move with his boyfriend, leaving both the BM (branch manager) and ABM (asst) positions open there. Both the Springfield branch AND the Candy branch are closer to Boss's home than we are. The Candy branch is also where VP's office is based out of, which is why that BM got his promotion--he was constantly helping VP keep up with her overloaded schedule, so he is already half-trained. S-hole says he's going to keep suggesting to Boss that he put in for a move to the Candy branch, thus becoming the new "trainee" for VP to groom for a promotion. S-hole believes that if Boss leaves, the BM position at our branch is automatically his. I should have kept my mouth shut, but I casually mentioned that you do NOT have to be an ABM to be promoted to BM (as Boss pointedly told me just a couple of days ago). Funny that *if* it were all to happen that way, and *IF* I were to be the one that got the job, S-hole would have been a strong catalyst in making that happen. ~smirk~

Keep sending me "Get promoted" vibes, people! If you're in with God, put a word in with him for me. Whatever works.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?