<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, February 09, 2011

Well, it can't possibly ever get boring at work, right? Yesterday, Boss told me that Lenny, the manager at the Springfield branch just got promoted to a new regional manager position. "Lots of changes coming!" he told me. I'm not exactly sure what to think, but E texted me this morning asking why the Springfield branch manager job was posted today--he thought Lenny must have quit or something and was shocked. I told him about the promotion, and we had a brief conversation about it. He said if he decides to go for an Asst. Mgr. promotion, he's only going to apply in VP's region because Jack, the regional mgr where the University branch is located, is apparently difficult. He said he believes strongly in promotion via seniority rather than performance. What a crock of shit--no wonder MBA thought he was so important, even though his branch's numbers are unimpressive (their profits are in the crapper).

So tomorrow I will be applying to the Springfield Branch Manager position--Boss has pointedly told me recently that it's not unheard of for people to be promoted that way, that it's not a requirement to first be an Asst. So my big hope is that VP feels beholden to me. She implied back in October that she will be protecting my interests because her job depends on it--because she "missed" taking B's harassment complaint seriously, and it would reflect poorly on her if I become vocal about any sort of mistreatment.  So the question is, will this work in my favor? Will she feel beholden to me for allowing Boss to backdoor me and hire S-hole after we'd filed a harassment complaint? While I don't know what ever came of that (I wish I did, LOL), I do know that shortly after he was hired, he took a bad check and now has a write-up on file, so S-hole will not be eligible to apply for it.

In my ideal fantasy world, Boss will want to move to the Springfield branch (it's closer to his home, and is our biggest competitor in almost every measurable goal), and *I* will get his job. That would be sweet. Not that such an idea is based in any sort of real possibility. *sigh*

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?