Monday, March 07, 2011
Just a brief update: went to the 7am meeting, was scheduled to work 10-6 with S-hole working open to 4:30pm and Boss working 11-close, but Boss has asked me to close for him. Normally, if the meeting is scheduled on a day like that, Boss and S-hole would switch shifts because Boss lives 45 minutes away, and S-hole lives 10 minutes away.
So VP actually came to the meeting (shocker!), and I handed out the user guide I'd made for a new piece of software we're testing out. She loved it. And then Boss asked me to show her the one that I'd done for our main software--he's used it to train the last 3 employees he's hired. She was shocked to learn that I actually made them myself. She proclaimed me to be a rockstar.
So the question then is, why was I asked to close? Could be one of two reasons:
a) for some unknown reason, he didn't switch shifts with S-hole (maybe he bitched about how 'every tme we have a meeting I have to close!'), and he just didn't want to stay at work for 12 hours straight.
or
b) after the meeting, the only people left at the branch were J, S-hole, Boss and VP. After they opened the branch, J would be working at the teller line, and VP and Boss could have a private meeting with S-hole to discuss last week's little joke. Could be he didn't switch shifts with S-hole because he knew S-hole was being sent home early. I could be wrong, though, because during the meeting, he mentioned several times that we should go to S-hole for help more often for certain things. So that leads me to believe that S-hole will still be there when I get in.
I'll update again tonight.
{This clearly was written this morning--I have no idea why it didn't post!}
So VP actually came to the meeting (shocker!), and I handed out the user guide I'd made for a new piece of software we're testing out. She loved it. And then Boss asked me to show her the one that I'd done for our main software--he's used it to train the last 3 employees he's hired. She was shocked to learn that I actually made them myself. She proclaimed me to be a rockstar.
So the question then is, why was I asked to close? Could be one of two reasons:
a) for some unknown reason, he didn't switch shifts with S-hole (maybe he bitched about how 'every tme we have a meeting I have to close!'), and he just didn't want to stay at work for 12 hours straight.
or
b) after the meeting, the only people left at the branch were J, S-hole, Boss and VP. After they opened the branch, J would be working at the teller line, and VP and Boss could have a private meeting with S-hole to discuss last week's little joke. Could be he didn't switch shifts with S-hole because he knew S-hole was being sent home early. I could be wrong, though, because during the meeting, he mentioned several times that we should go to S-hole for help more often for certain things. So that leads me to believe that S-hole will still be there when I get in.
I'll update again tonight.
{This clearly was written this morning--I have no idea why it didn't post!}
Comments:
Post a Comment