Thursday, April 14, 2011
So the final verdict is in on our cash outage situation: "documented coaching". In other words, no disciplinary action. Boss tried to make it sound like he "really went to bat for us", but S-hole told me later not to let him fool me because HR makes all those decisions, not Boss.
This morning D-ball tried to call in again--openly admitting that he wasn't sick, he needed to help his mom get moved before Friday, and well, he had a basketball game tonight, so he wouldn't have time to help after work. Since he waited til 30 minutes before his shift started to call, it would be considered a no-call/no-show, and since he already has one of those on file, he would be fired. S-hole informed him of this predicament and he decided to come in after all. An hour later, Boss called in to make sure that D-ball was going to be in because he was all in a panic because three people wouldn't be enough staff for the night and he might have needed to ask one of us to stay late. I swear I could see steam coming out of S-hole's ears.
In the meantime, I learned that Boss and his live-in (extremely high maintenance) girlfriend were on the verge of splitting up--which explains (but doesn't excuse) his chaotic mental and emotional state as of late. I also learned that he'd been trying to procure dates with one of the Major Retailer's managers. Jesus, kid, didn't your mom teach you not to shit where you eat???
This morning D-ball tried to call in again--openly admitting that he wasn't sick, he needed to help his mom get moved before Friday, and well, he had a basketball game tonight, so he wouldn't have time to help after work. Since he waited til 30 minutes before his shift started to call, it would be considered a no-call/no-show, and since he already has one of those on file, he would be fired. S-hole informed him of this predicament and he decided to come in after all. An hour later, Boss called in to make sure that D-ball was going to be in because he was all in a panic because three people wouldn't be enough staff for the night and he might have needed to ask one of us to stay late. I swear I could see steam coming out of S-hole's ears.
In the meantime, I learned that Boss and his live-in (extremely high maintenance) girlfriend were on the verge of splitting up--which explains (but doesn't excuse) his chaotic mental and emotional state as of late. I also learned that he'd been trying to procure dates with one of the Major Retailer's managers. Jesus, kid, didn't your mom teach you not to shit where you eat???
Comments:
Post a Comment