Monday, May 09, 2011
Ten more days til my "verbal warning" expires. I'm hoping that job opening will pop up then. It seems there's a lot changing in the area, though--the West Side branch is hanging on by their fingernails and could all get fired at any time, the Springfield branch's ABM still might be leaving, and now Boss is talking like he doesn't expect to live in this state by the end of this summer.
Our little trip to the anniversary thing was a bust. First of all, it was 3 freaking HOURS away. Rusty talked me into taking his car because my brakes are in need of repair and he gets better mileage than I do. Well of course I ended up getting a ticket. My first speeding ticket. Seriously, my first. *sigh* I haven't even called the number yet because I don't want to hear how much it will cost. I don't normally speed anymore (who can afford it?), I don't know what I was thinking.
Then the "party" was basically 3 people from that branch, VP, and a visiting BM and a visiting ABM from neighboring branches. They had a big sheet cake and blew up a bunch of balloons. Then we stood out front trying to give them away. All day. My feet and back were killing my by the end of it. I'm not saying I 100% regret going, but I didn't get nearly as much out of it (on face value) as I'd hoped. I will say this, one of the retail bankers that I chatted with has been with the company 3 years. He moved from one branch to the one closer to his home when a position there opened up, and he's been there ever since. 3 years, and no promotion? Boss assures me that there really are plenty of people who are satisfied to just do their non-management jobs every day, that it doesn't mean anything. After all, HE's only been with the company 3.5 years. So basically, it's all in the ambition, he claims. So I have a great performance record (even with my write-ups--apparently they are very common), and I'm starting to form a relationship with VP, also essential to being promotable. In fact, when we left, she stopped me and gave me a hug. I was a little weirded out.
I'm still trying not to obsess about what a promotion will do to my bank account. I'm getting very impatient.
Our little trip to the anniversary thing was a bust. First of all, it was 3 freaking HOURS away. Rusty talked me into taking his car because my brakes are in need of repair and he gets better mileage than I do. Well of course I ended up getting a ticket. My first speeding ticket. Seriously, my first. *sigh* I haven't even called the number yet because I don't want to hear how much it will cost. I don't normally speed anymore (who can afford it?), I don't know what I was thinking.
Then the "party" was basically 3 people from that branch, VP, and a visiting BM and a visiting ABM from neighboring branches. They had a big sheet cake and blew up a bunch of balloons. Then we stood out front trying to give them away. All day. My feet and back were killing my by the end of it. I'm not saying I 100% regret going, but I didn't get nearly as much out of it (on face value) as I'd hoped. I will say this, one of the retail bankers that I chatted with has been with the company 3 years. He moved from one branch to the one closer to his home when a position there opened up, and he's been there ever since. 3 years, and no promotion? Boss assures me that there really are plenty of people who are satisfied to just do their non-management jobs every day, that it doesn't mean anything. After all, HE's only been with the company 3.5 years. So basically, it's all in the ambition, he claims. So I have a great performance record (even with my write-ups--apparently they are very common), and I'm starting to form a relationship with VP, also essential to being promotable. In fact, when we left, she stopped me and gave me a hug. I was a little weirded out.
I'm still trying not to obsess about what a promotion will do to my bank account. I'm getting very impatient.
Comments:
Post a Comment