Thursday, June 09, 2011
I got a call this afternoon to set up a phone interview for a branch manager job! Yeah, except now I don't want it. Doesn't it always seem to work out that way? Before anybody freaks the hell out, the reason I don't want it is 2-fold: I inspected their numbers a lot more closely and I can see that they're in a MUCH slower store, and their monthly goes are 1/3rd of my current branch's. That means a) I would be bored to DEATH 90% of the time; b) they have a much smaller staff, meaning I would have to be able to go in every time someone called off when I was off for the day. Then to add to the misery, I mapquested it to check out exact distances... I originally applied for it thinking that it was about an hour south of Shitfoot's place--I admit, I miss that town and I'd love to move back. I was willing to commute because I would be making MUCH more money, and it'd be easier for Rusty to find work in the city. But moving would be a hardship on Rusty, basically forcing him to make that drive to see H every other week and give up seeing her every Wed., but he's open to moving to that area too--cautiously open. But Mapquest shattered that idea--it's actually *2 hours* south, and even if we chose a town an hour north, it's still be an unreasonably long drive for him to get H, and the potential of having 2 *long* work commutes would eat up all the extra I'd be earning. Bah!!!
Oh well, I'll do the interview anyway--it's not like I've got the job in the bag anyway, and the experience will be good for me. Either as far as networking with the regional manager in that area or simply narrowing the odds of an eventual promotion by taking every interview I can get!
Oh well, I'll do the interview anyway--it's not like I've got the job in the bag anyway, and the experience will be good for me. Either as far as networking with the regional manager in that area or simply narrowing the odds of an eventual promotion by taking every interview I can get!
Comments:
Post a Comment