<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Well I guess the focus of this blog just took a turn into new territory: I'm pregnant! Oy weh, 42 and pregnant. I'm thrilled, don't get me wrong, but the reality of what's coming is starting to hit me. As the nurse said this morning: the nausea is bound to hit me any day now. Weee! Anyway, the due date is February 19, so there's plenty of time ahead of me!

Already Rusty and I are clashing--I have a feeling this is going to be a contentious 9 months. I announced the pregnancy to him and the kids by wrapping some booties and binkies and letting the kids (who were unaware) give it to him as a Father's Day gift. He was almost immediately on his phone posting it on Facebook. I get that, I'm OK with that--mainly because there are very few people who "cross over" between our pages. I'm not ready for a Facebook announcement because I know several people in town and I don't want them coming to me at work and mentioning it. I haven't told them at work and I plan to at least wait for a couple more weeks--partly because I want to get past that "danger zone" of 6-8 weeks and partly because I'm still waiting on interviews for promotions and I won't have to stress about pregnancy being a factor in their decision if they don't know. Oh sure, it's illegal, but I live in the real world: they could come up with any reason they want to explain their decision. Easier if avoided altogether. And damn--I applied for this shit over a month ago, WTF people? Do they not want to fill them? I'm losing my patience, I swear. The fact that we're so financially strapped makes it even harder to be patient.

--that enormous tangent aside, Rusty and I disagreed about the timing of the announcement. In classic Rusty fashion, he presumed that my lack of announcement as a lack of enthusiasm or something--he was actually MAD at me. ANGRY. I was on a complete high and happy as shit, and he's all pissed off and ruined it. And two days after the announcement, we still hadn't had the time to come together for some grown up "alone time", and he's all, "So when you're pregnant, I'm not going to get ANY sex, right?" Two days and he thinks it's indicative of an entire 9 month condition. I thought he was done with the pouting for sex. He is clearly overwhelmed by this whole thing--he's spent more time being angry than happy, so I'm perplexed. I'm giving up on it. I can't make him happy, I never will. He will never be happy until he decides to be.

So I'll talk about work again instead: this has been the most boring week of my life. Seriously--5 consecutive days with HOURS of nothing to do. I can feel my brain rotting inside my head. It's exhausting just dreaming of things to do to stay awake. And then randomly, this evening, while Boss was on the phone, this "special needs" woman came into the branch, and stood next to my desk. I was up at the teller line at the time and thought, "WTF?" I try hard to be understanding and accepting of the many stripes of individuals that walk past our branch, and I'm not going to be the guy standing around making crude and hateful jokes about someone with a brain development issue, as this woman clearly had, but fuck: there's a grown woman standing next to my desk, facing me and sort of staring at me or in my direction with this spaced-out "children of the corn" look on her face. I smiled uncomfortably. She walked over closer to the teller counter and put her head next to the video displays on the opposite side of my station. I continued to smile uncomfortably and wonder what the FUCK someone in this condition was doing wandering around Major Retailer without a competent adult nearby, and why she had decided to make herself at home in our branch. Eventually she disappeared back into the crowd. Minutes later my questions were answered. She'd come into the branch to pee. She'd left a huge puddle behind, along with a few footprints. Boss was PISSED. Well, in a word. So I guess we can add that one to our short list of Weirdest Bank Shit Ever.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?