Thursday, July 14, 2011
I'm so lucky to get the interesting customers! This evening, Woozy McFlightypants came to my station and explained that she needed to transfer $100 from one account to the other. Naturally she wasn't familiar with such highly technical jargon as all that, so it took a couple of minutes of questions to clarify what she wanted to do. She spoke in broken sentences and was all over the place mentally--very clearly she was on prescription drugs.
Sidenote: WHY do so many people think they can do banking without ID? WHY would you be offended when a teller asked for your ID? It's your money, don't you WANT the bank to make sure the person taking it is you???
So Woozy moves $100 from a joint account to an individual account. She normally banks with the Candyland branch. "They all know me up there!" (Why is that relevant to me?) She continually kept leaving the counter to talk to a companion who was pushing a cart a few yards away. Before I'd finished her transaction, she was calling to a Major Retailer cashier, expecting her to leave her register to come get a little kid's bike her companion had left behind that she intended to purchase. When she returned I gave her her receipt and she toddled off to pay for the bike. I was about 30 seconds into the next customer when she came sauntering back, "You forgot to give me my $100!" "You didn't get any money out, you transfered it." I reminded her. "Oh yeah!" she said, and returned to the register.
Not 5 minutes later, a CSM came up and asked me if Woozy had left her debit card with us. No, she never got it out here. A security employee approached the CSM at the same time that Woozy approached me to ask about her debit card. I told her no, we didn't have her debit card. The security guy interrupted her and said, "Check your right back pocket." Woozy instantly got her back up. "It's NOT in my POCKET!"
"Ma'am, we have you on the security tape picking it up from the counter and putting it in your right back pocket."
"It's NOT in my GODDAMNED POCKET!" she shouted as she hovered her hand over it--notice: she did NOT feel the pocket to actually CHECK to make sure there was nothing in it, she just guarded the area, as if someone might forcibly put their hand in her back pocket for her. Her jeans had button-flaps, so admittedly, it'd be difficult to stuff a debit card in it in one quick motion.
"Ma'am, I just watched the tape. You made a motion to your back pocket and it was gone. Would you like to see the tape?"
"FUCK YOU! That GODDAMNED CASHIER STOLE MY DEBIT CARD! I'm gonna get that fucking bitch!"
"Ma'am, you can come watch the tape if you like. We're trying to help you."
"FUCK YOU! I'm NEVER COMING BACK HERE!!"
Now really, never? And you think Major Retailer gives a shit if you ever come back? I mean, if you're going to accuse everyone who helps you of stealing from you, how badly do you think we want you to come back? I had to order a new debit card and shut off her old one, even though I'm 90% certain it was stuffed inside her pants somewhere.
Later, the CSM told me that the security team didn't have any problem finding the tape of her debit card, because they'd already been watching her in the store for quite a while--they were sure she was trying to steal something, but ended up picking up someone else who was in the middle of actually stealing something.
*sigh* So many sucky people!!!
Speaing of sucking, I seem to have come down with a decent wave of morning sickness. How fucking cruel and fucked up is THAT??? And my weird-ass schedule says I won't have two days off in a row for another 2 weeks, so if I get impatient and want to take the drug to induce a miscarriage, I've got another two weeks before I can be sure to have enough time off to rest!!! SUUUUUUCK!!!!
Sidenote: WHY do so many people think they can do banking without ID? WHY would you be offended when a teller asked for your ID? It's your money, don't you WANT the bank to make sure the person taking it is you???
So Woozy moves $100 from a joint account to an individual account. She normally banks with the Candyland branch. "They all know me up there!" (Why is that relevant to me?) She continually kept leaving the counter to talk to a companion who was pushing a cart a few yards away. Before I'd finished her transaction, she was calling to a Major Retailer cashier, expecting her to leave her register to come get a little kid's bike her companion had left behind that she intended to purchase. When she returned I gave her her receipt and she toddled off to pay for the bike. I was about 30 seconds into the next customer when she came sauntering back, "You forgot to give me my $100!" "You didn't get any money out, you transfered it." I reminded her. "Oh yeah!" she said, and returned to the register.
Not 5 minutes later, a CSM came up and asked me if Woozy had left her debit card with us. No, she never got it out here. A security employee approached the CSM at the same time that Woozy approached me to ask about her debit card. I told her no, we didn't have her debit card. The security guy interrupted her and said, "Check your right back pocket." Woozy instantly got her back up. "It's NOT in my POCKET!"
"Ma'am, we have you on the security tape picking it up from the counter and putting it in your right back pocket."
"It's NOT in my GODDAMNED POCKET!" she shouted as she hovered her hand over it--notice: she did NOT feel the pocket to actually CHECK to make sure there was nothing in it, she just guarded the area, as if someone might forcibly put their hand in her back pocket for her. Her jeans had button-flaps, so admittedly, it'd be difficult to stuff a debit card in it in one quick motion.
"Ma'am, I just watched the tape. You made a motion to your back pocket and it was gone. Would you like to see the tape?"
"FUCK YOU! That GODDAMNED CASHIER STOLE MY DEBIT CARD! I'm gonna get that fucking bitch!"
"Ma'am, you can come watch the tape if you like. We're trying to help you."
"FUCK YOU! I'm NEVER COMING BACK HERE!!"
Now really, never? And you think Major Retailer gives a shit if you ever come back? I mean, if you're going to accuse everyone who helps you of stealing from you, how badly do you think we want you to come back? I had to order a new debit card and shut off her old one, even though I'm 90% certain it was stuffed inside her pants somewhere.
Later, the CSM told me that the security team didn't have any problem finding the tape of her debit card, because they'd already been watching her in the store for quite a while--they were sure she was trying to steal something, but ended up picking up someone else who was in the middle of actually stealing something.
*sigh* So many sucky people!!!
Speaing of sucking, I seem to have come down with a decent wave of morning sickness. How fucking cruel and fucked up is THAT??? And my weird-ass schedule says I won't have two days off in a row for another 2 weeks, so if I get impatient and want to take the drug to induce a miscarriage, I've got another two weeks before I can be sure to have enough time off to rest!!! SUUUUUUCK!!!!
Comments:
Post a Comment