<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, August 19, 2011

I got into an interesting email exchange today with E--the former co-worker who now works in the University City branch. He asked if I'd applied to the ABM job, and I said I had. He asked if I intended to make that commute. He then said that Luke, the BM there (you know, Mr. IHaveAnMBA) would ask me if I intended to move to University City, and if I said no, that I would commute, he absolutely would not hire me.

Seriously? Is that the reason I didn't get that job? Are you fucking serious?

This makes me even angrier because I've recently come to terms with the fact that if I'm going to move up in this company, I'm going to HAVE to commute. There's just no way around it. And then this wise-ass thinks he can get all the candidates he needs locally? In a college town just 45 minutes away from a major metropolitan area? I guess they teach some Special Stuff in MBA School.

Speaking of Superior Business Knowledge... Boss asked around about their ABM job. Turns out they didn't fire their ABM, he's just hiring a 2nd ABM. This is bizarre... because Boss talked about all the requirements a branch would have to meet to qualify for hiring a 2nd ABM, and I can assure you that the University City branch meets none of them. They don't have more active accounts than we do. They don't do more transactions than we do. Hell, their P&L's show they've not even turned a profit yet this year!!! (Our branch is showing a $48K profit at the moment, for comparison's sake!) So this guy, already not turning any profit, has decided to hire in more management?? They can barely justify needing another person at the BOTTOM of the pay scale, how do they justify another member of MANAGEMENT?? I told Boss I think it sounds like Luke is tired of his responsibilities and wants to delegate more to someone else. Lazy, knowitall motherfucker!

And just to add another coat of paint to the subject, Boss mentioned that his Fiancé has been interviewing with HEMI, the biggest employer here in town, and that if she gets the job, they will move here. Yeah, yeah, good for them. But that seems to mean that he's put his hopes of a higher corporate job on hold, since most of them require an out-of-state move.

So I told Boss, "Fuck him and his stupid anti-commuting rule. I'll have my own branch before either of his ABM's do." He just smiled and gave me a knowing thumbs-up.

Oh yes, did I write about the bat in the store two weeks ago?? There was a bat in the store, flopping around in front of the branch where we were handing out cake about two weeks ago. I remember thinking it was weird for a bat to be out at all at noon, much less inside a store populated by hundreds of people--and that it seemed to be really slow-moving for a rodent who should be freaking out about it's completely unfamiliar surroundings. Today I read an article online that said that a bat had been found inside a small business about 5 blocks away. An employee (who happened to be D-ball's nephew--the perils of Small Town Living) tried to catch it, and it bit him. He put it outside anyway, but went to the hospital. They found it outside a few hours later, and it tested positive for rabies!!! On that same day, there was an article claiming an Major Retailer employee had been arrested for exposing himself to children in the toy section at the store across town. When I told D-Rod about it, he said someone had done the same at the fitting rooms in our location just a couple of days ago--the same day D-Rod walked into the bathroom to find a man pooping on the floor.

Nothing normal about this town, I swear.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?