Wednesday, October 19, 2011
Coming soon, to a theater near YOU!
Do you recall, friends, about 20 months ago when I got written up for taking a $200 bad check? Good.
I just found out that a $285.00 check that a customer used to open an account with charged back. I opened the account. I did not do the transaction, and Boss was there that day, so while I have no specific recollection, I know he had to have known and/or seen it, so his approval is implied. I have been repeatedly calling the customer every day, and checking the account for signs of an impending direct deposit (I recall discussing it with her), but so far, nada. If the account charges off, someone is certainly on the hook for a writeup, if history serves. I am nervous about it. If the account is truly "abandoned", and it will actually charge off, it would happen around Dec. 1st. Rumor has it that in the next couple of months "a whole lot" of jobs will be opening up because VP and her boss are cleaning house at a bunch of under-performing branches. If I have a writeup in place when that happens, it'll be FORFUCKINGEVER before I get another chance for a promotion. Again, if history serves...
So I was mentioning this to S-hole, about how I'm nervous about it, because if there's one thing you can count on about Boss, it's the fact that he'll throw anyone nearby under the bus. Elderly, women and children? Just get in line. Like that episode of Seinfeld where George throws a kid to the ground to gain advantage in getting out of a burning apartment. And you know that S-hole has a burning hot hatred for Boss these days (though I'll give him Mad Props for masking it so well to Boss' face) because of the way he got the shaft in the latest write-up situation. So as I'm telling him this, and expressing my confusion about why Boss seems to be out to get everyone lately, he gets a wry little smile on his face and says, "Oh don't worry about it." I cuddled up to my grain of salt and asked him why.
He began to attempt to tell me a "story" about an incident without revealing any actual information, and found, about halfway through, that he couldn't make it make enough sense. Essentially, he is convinced that Boss is about to get fired. He is privvy to some sort of information about something that Boss did or was responsible for that is "sure-fire" to get him fired. My grain of salt whispered that I should be patient with this story. I assured S-hole that I did not want any details at the moment, that I was comfortable with the "plausible deniability" scenario, but I did ask a few questions. What I gleaned was this: Boss did [SOMETHING BAD] that is clearly documented and witnessed by multiple people. [SOMETHING BAD] will be discovered by [Corporate/VP/Someone Powerful] regardless of our intervention. [SOMETHING BAD] has no implications against anyone else in our branch, with no blowback on any of us foreseeable.
S-hole further revealed that he confronted Boss with this information, and he initially denied it completely. Within the conversation, he got Boss to admit to one small detail (because it is documented and easily proved), which then unravelled his entire denial story, and he eventually admitted the whole thing. S-hole says Boss is scared shitless.
This, my friends, is all I know. This is that mysterious box with my name on it under the Christmas tree. I don't know where it came from or what it could be. Socks? A pair of killer black leather boots? Underwear? A new set of adonized steel cookware? A Justin Beiber CD? Is this a good thing or a bad thing? I don't know. And I don't want to spoil the surprise, because there's absolutely nothing I can do about it until Christmas morning. Aaaaand I have no idea when Christmas morning is.
I just found out that a $285.00 check that a customer used to open an account with charged back. I opened the account. I did not do the transaction, and Boss was there that day, so while I have no specific recollection, I know he had to have known and/or seen it, so his approval is implied. I have been repeatedly calling the customer every day, and checking the account for signs of an impending direct deposit (I recall discussing it with her), but so far, nada. If the account charges off, someone is certainly on the hook for a writeup, if history serves. I am nervous about it. If the account is truly "abandoned", and it will actually charge off, it would happen around Dec. 1st. Rumor has it that in the next couple of months "a whole lot" of jobs will be opening up because VP and her boss are cleaning house at a bunch of under-performing branches. If I have a writeup in place when that happens, it'll be FORFUCKINGEVER before I get another chance for a promotion. Again, if history serves...
So I was mentioning this to S-hole, about how I'm nervous about it, because if there's one thing you can count on about Boss, it's the fact that he'll throw anyone nearby under the bus. Elderly, women and children? Just get in line. Like that episode of Seinfeld where George throws a kid to the ground to gain advantage in getting out of a burning apartment. And you know that S-hole has a burning hot hatred for Boss these days (though I'll give him Mad Props for masking it so well to Boss' face) because of the way he got the shaft in the latest write-up situation. So as I'm telling him this, and expressing my confusion about why Boss seems to be out to get everyone lately, he gets a wry little smile on his face and says, "Oh don't worry about it." I cuddled up to my grain of salt and asked him why.
He began to attempt to tell me a "story" about an incident without revealing any actual information, and found, about halfway through, that he couldn't make it make enough sense. Essentially, he is convinced that Boss is about to get fired. He is privvy to some sort of information about something that Boss did or was responsible for that is "sure-fire" to get him fired. My grain of salt whispered that I should be patient with this story. I assured S-hole that I did not want any details at the moment, that I was comfortable with the "plausible deniability" scenario, but I did ask a few questions. What I gleaned was this: Boss did [SOMETHING BAD] that is clearly documented and witnessed by multiple people. [SOMETHING BAD] will be discovered by [Corporate/VP/Someone Powerful] regardless of our intervention. [SOMETHING BAD] has no implications against anyone else in our branch, with no blowback on any of us foreseeable.
S-hole further revealed that he confronted Boss with this information, and he initially denied it completely. Within the conversation, he got Boss to admit to one small detail (because it is documented and easily proved), which then unravelled his entire denial story, and he eventually admitted the whole thing. S-hole says Boss is scared shitless.
This, my friends, is all I know. This is that mysterious box with my name on it under the Christmas tree. I don't know where it came from or what it could be. Socks? A pair of killer black leather boots? Underwear? A new set of adonized steel cookware? A Justin Beiber CD? Is this a good thing or a bad thing? I don't know. And I don't want to spoil the surprise, because there's absolutely nothing I can do about it until Christmas morning. Aaaaand I have no idea when Christmas morning is.
Comments:
Post a Comment