Tuesday, October 25, 2011
Places, everyone! 2 minutes to curtain!!
Remember that part where I said I thought Boss was bulletproof? Well the jury's still out. There's a strong case to be made against it, and now all we can do is wait.
I opened with S-hole today, and he was on tenterhooks all day anticipating a phone call from Boss. His nerves got the best of him, and he explained the whole dramatic episode for me. Turns out I knew more than I thought I did, but with all the key pieces missing, it looked like I knew nothing.
Let me backtrack about three weeks.
What I knew:
Denise was a stylist at the salon located inside of Major Retailer. Denise quit suddenly--in fact she was in the process of walking out when S-hole went down there to speak with Beatrix; she just gathered her things and walked out with no notice or effort to inform anyone. Very mature, I know. Did I mention that ever since I've worked there, that place has been a fetid nest of high-school-style drama? Anyway, she quit. Two days later, Jessica quit, too. Jessica was the manager.
A few days afterward, Rusty and I ran into S-hole and Beatrix out on a date (er, did I mention that S-hole is in the middle of a divorce?), and they joined us for a drink. When S-hole had left the table for a bathroom break, I attempted small talk with Beatrix, and asked her what on earth prompted the mass exodus at her place of work. She informed me she was leaving, too, as soon as she got confirmation at another salon across town. She explained that Jessica quit because her husband made her. Her husband is a SUPER jealous, MMA-fighting, abusive dick, so this development didn't actually come as much of a shock, frankly, but it did pique my curiosity: what prompted him to do that? Oh, it seems that Denise, in her effort to make everyone as miserable as possible on her way out the door, phoned Jessica's husband, and informed him that Jessica had been cheating on him with several people while at work, including "someone from the bank".
What I thought I knew:
Over a year or so ago, Jessica had begun obsessively texting Boss, who played innocent and creeped out by her stalky behavior. There were offhand comments about her being psycho. The comments she made to me on occasion supported this belief. All of the girls down there, it seemed, had a crush on SOMEBODY in the bank. I guess for once I should be glad to have been the only female, right? Then again, it's completely possible that I had my own admirer down there, too--Lord knows the "photo place" girl flirted mercilessly with me for a while. It went on for a while, and it became commonly accepted that they were all frightfully immature (they fought over the dumbest things and often acted highly unprofessionally), and quite possibly very emotionally unstable.
What I didn't know:
Boss really was fucking Jessica. Boss, who lives with his girlfriend and got engaged about 3 months ago, and is actively planning a wedding this winter. The MO was to tell us he was going to the bathroom, then (this part was confirmed by Beatrix) he'd come down to the salon and tell her "I have xx minutes." They'd go to the back room in the salon, lock the door, and then come back out after 'xx' minutes.
Just a few more juicy morsels for you:
First of all, Jessica was apparently engaging in this sort of "arrangement" with a couple other people, too. One of which was Bubba. Bubba was also a stylist at the salon. I will confess right here and now that I assumed Bubba was gay. And I'm guilty of assuming that because he is a hairstylist. Oh and he didn't really act particularly straight. Bubba quit (or was fired, who knows) about 6 weeks ago. He wasn't around long, so I didn't know much about him. Beatrix says that (because these High School Girls all tell each other everything, you know) Bubba always used a condom. Boss did not.
Also a few weeks ago, Jessica came down to the branch and told S-hole she was pregnant, and that it was not her husband's (she claims she knew this for a fact, how--well, that's anybody's guess). She intended on keeping the baby, but had a miscarriage shortly afterward. Boss apparently resumed their relationship immediately afterward.
After Jessica quit, her punk-ass husband came barrelling through Major Retailer spoiling for a fight, and confronted S-hole in front of the branch, quite loudly, asking if he was Boss. "Well tell that mutherfucker his ass is MINE. When I see him, I'm gonna FUCK HIM UP!" and went on to loudly announce that Boss was fucking his wife.
A few days after Jessica quit, Bubba came into the salon and gave the girls there a letter, asking them to give it to Jessica (not knowing she had quit). Being the High Schoolers that they are, and knowing that they would not be seeing Jessica, they opened the letter. Turns out Bubba was getting ready to go to jail--Bubba's a junkie--and part of the process of preparing him for incarceration, he had to undergo a physical, which includes testing for communicable diseases. He had just discovered that he is HIV positive. Boss played dumb when S-hole informed him, but just a few days later mentioned to S-hole that he decided to get tested and it was negative. "I thought you said you didn't screw around with her." "Oh, we never had sex, but we fooled around a little." "You can't get HIV from kissing, dude, you know that." and so he was busted.
One of the phoned-in complaints to our corporate number was from Jessica's regional manager, who learned of the whole thing in the midst of trying to replace her. We're not sure where the other one came from, but given the boisterous announcement by Jessica's husband, it could have been anyone.
Yesterday, Boss got a call from VP telling him to come meet her and Lloyd at another branch. No manager wants to meet with VP and Lloyd--that spells FIRING (or if you're lucky, Disciplinary Action). S-hole had to work a 12 hour shift to cover for him to attend this meeting, which they scheduled late in the day just to torture all of us. Finally, just before I left this evening, Boss called S-hole to update: there is no update. He had his feet put to the fire, they grilled him for facts, then told him they'd do some more investigating and they'd let him know their decision.
Personally, I'm leaning toward Bulletproof. He'd have been fired immediately if they planned on firing him. I think they're looking for excuses to find an alternative punishment.
I opened with S-hole today, and he was on tenterhooks all day anticipating a phone call from Boss. His nerves got the best of him, and he explained the whole dramatic episode for me. Turns out I knew more than I thought I did, but with all the key pieces missing, it looked like I knew nothing.
Let me backtrack about three weeks.
What I knew:
Denise was a stylist at the salon located inside of Major Retailer. Denise quit suddenly--in fact she was in the process of walking out when S-hole went down there to speak with Beatrix; she just gathered her things and walked out with no notice or effort to inform anyone. Very mature, I know. Did I mention that ever since I've worked there, that place has been a fetid nest of high-school-style drama? Anyway, she quit. Two days later, Jessica quit, too. Jessica was the manager.
A few days afterward, Rusty and I ran into S-hole and Beatrix out on a date (er, did I mention that S-hole is in the middle of a divorce?), and they joined us for a drink. When S-hole had left the table for a bathroom break, I attempted small talk with Beatrix, and asked her what on earth prompted the mass exodus at her place of work. She informed me she was leaving, too, as soon as she got confirmation at another salon across town. She explained that Jessica quit because her husband made her. Her husband is a SUPER jealous, MMA-fighting, abusive dick, so this development didn't actually come as much of a shock, frankly, but it did pique my curiosity: what prompted him to do that? Oh, it seems that Denise, in her effort to make everyone as miserable as possible on her way out the door, phoned Jessica's husband, and informed him that Jessica had been cheating on him with several people while at work, including "someone from the bank".
What I thought I knew:
Over a year or so ago, Jessica had begun obsessively texting Boss, who played innocent and creeped out by her stalky behavior. There were offhand comments about her being psycho. The comments she made to me on occasion supported this belief. All of the girls down there, it seemed, had a crush on SOMEBODY in the bank. I guess for once I should be glad to have been the only female, right? Then again, it's completely possible that I had my own admirer down there, too--Lord knows the "photo place" girl flirted mercilessly with me for a while. It went on for a while, and it became commonly accepted that they were all frightfully immature (they fought over the dumbest things and often acted highly unprofessionally), and quite possibly very emotionally unstable.
What I didn't know:
Boss really was fucking Jessica. Boss, who lives with his girlfriend and got engaged about 3 months ago, and is actively planning a wedding this winter. The MO was to tell us he was going to the bathroom, then (this part was confirmed by Beatrix) he'd come down to the salon and tell her "I have xx minutes." They'd go to the back room in the salon, lock the door, and then come back out after 'xx' minutes.
Just a few more juicy morsels for you:
First of all, Jessica was apparently engaging in this sort of "arrangement" with a couple other people, too. One of which was Bubba. Bubba was also a stylist at the salon. I will confess right here and now that I assumed Bubba was gay. And I'm guilty of assuming that because he is a hairstylist. Oh and he didn't really act particularly straight. Bubba quit (or was fired, who knows) about 6 weeks ago. He wasn't around long, so I didn't know much about him. Beatrix says that (because these High School Girls all tell each other everything, you know) Bubba always used a condom. Boss did not.
Also a few weeks ago, Jessica came down to the branch and told S-hole she was pregnant, and that it was not her husband's (she claims she knew this for a fact, how--well, that's anybody's guess). She intended on keeping the baby, but had a miscarriage shortly afterward. Boss apparently resumed their relationship immediately afterward.
After Jessica quit, her punk-ass husband came barrelling through Major Retailer spoiling for a fight, and confronted S-hole in front of the branch, quite loudly, asking if he was Boss. "Well tell that mutherfucker his ass is MINE. When I see him, I'm gonna FUCK HIM UP!" and went on to loudly announce that Boss was fucking his wife.
A few days after Jessica quit, Bubba came into the salon and gave the girls there a letter, asking them to give it to Jessica (not knowing she had quit). Being the High Schoolers that they are, and knowing that they would not be seeing Jessica, they opened the letter. Turns out Bubba was getting ready to go to jail--Bubba's a junkie--and part of the process of preparing him for incarceration, he had to undergo a physical, which includes testing for communicable diseases. He had just discovered that he is HIV positive. Boss played dumb when S-hole informed him, but just a few days later mentioned to S-hole that he decided to get tested and it was negative. "I thought you said you didn't screw around with her." "Oh, we never had sex, but we fooled around a little." "You can't get HIV from kissing, dude, you know that." and so he was busted.
One of the phoned-in complaints to our corporate number was from Jessica's regional manager, who learned of the whole thing in the midst of trying to replace her. We're not sure where the other one came from, but given the boisterous announcement by Jessica's husband, it could have been anyone.
Yesterday, Boss got a call from VP telling him to come meet her and Lloyd at another branch. No manager wants to meet with VP and Lloyd--that spells FIRING (or if you're lucky, Disciplinary Action). S-hole had to work a 12 hour shift to cover for him to attend this meeting, which they scheduled late in the day just to torture all of us. Finally, just before I left this evening, Boss called S-hole to update: there is no update. He had his feet put to the fire, they grilled him for facts, then told him they'd do some more investigating and they'd let him know their decision.
Personally, I'm leaning toward Bulletproof. He'd have been fired immediately if they planned on firing him. I think they're looking for excuses to find an alternative punishment.
Comments:
Post a Comment