<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, January 29, 2012

The expositional work stuff, you know boring life stuff 

I've been a lazy writer lately, there are tons of loose ends I haven't updated you on...

First, work: The Greenville job was filled by the man who left it 9 months ago. The company's hiring process can be so damned stupid. They HAVE to consider current managers first--so people deserving of promotions don't even get considered while managers have the run of every open management spot they want, and they can bounce around from branch to branch--which the "smart" ones do if they're not performing well, because that makes it harder for them to track exactly how poorly they really are doing. This guy managed there for a couple years, and the branch was missing goals and only occassionally hitting their quality scores. He took a promotion to a corporate quality control job, and while he was gone, the branch continued to perform badly. He took his old job when his replacement quit.

In the meantime, our Local West branch continues to make asses of themselves, and we wait patiently for them to get fired too. Back on Oct. 26th or 27, I mentioned VP coming in and having me help her update their Emergency binders--these are binders that contain all the paperwork you could possibly need to run every process in the branch without power or equipment, plus vital contact numbers, etc. Their books sat in our back room until LAST WEEK. Seriously, what--10 weeks?? When VP visited us again, Boss pointed them out to her, and she had to threaten their manager to get someone to come get them. I suspect somebody got in trouble!

Our branch isn't doing so well, either. We were forced to plan an account goal that was completely unreasonable--about 70% higher than what Boss originally wanted to set. And due to a late tax season (the IRS didn't start issuing tax refund checks until a couple weeks later than in previous years), we're seriously behind in our goals. That's not for lack of effort, of course, and it's been an extremely tense month. And Boss is a total asshole when he's stressed out. But his behavior of late has been more than simply stressed out. I can't remember the last time he worked 5 shifts in one week, he's always calling in or showing up late or leaving early. And when he's in, he spends most of his time in the back room on his phone, or sitting at a desk ignoring all the chaos around him, just generally being in the way rather than helping anyone. The atmosphere has become rather bitter. Just mention his name when he's not around and the teeth-gnashing begins.

So Thursday, out of the blue, the branch manager job was posted in the next town south of us. This is sort of a shock--we've been waiting for her to get fired, too, because they've been in the bottom 3 branches in the state every month in quality scores since about forever. But nobody'd heard about any firings--turns out she's retiring. Of course I applied, but once again, I expect to hear that another manager has taken it before I can even get an interview. Or maybe S-hole will get it before I can get an interview. Now if that happens, that means the Asst. job in my branch opens up. And then will Boss hire me or J? IF that scenario happens, and IF he hires J, I PROMISE you, I will get a lawyer. My last employee review pretty much said point blank I'm ready for promotion. So the drama is about to get ramped up, people.


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?