<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Begin Operation Promote Somebody, Dammit! 

OK, a couple of corrections:

First, apparently there is no Assistant Manager at the South branch. This was misinformation from one of her co-workers--an individual who is also refusing to come to our branch for her week of training and may prove to be resistant to the whole thing; I overheard Boss telling VP that apparently this person had, for example, told one co-worker he didn't need to come in for a shift, leaving the rest of the branch in the lurch, and also insisted it was OK to leave the ATM offline after it was emptied because they were too busy. I have a feeling I'm going to be writing a lot about that girl.

And second, S-hole tells me that he knows, for a fact, that Boss did NOT get written up for his little affair. That's right: I can get written up for taking a check that bounces. He doesn't get written up for repeatedly fucking an associate on company time, instigating threats of violence in front of the branch.

For fuck's SAKE people!!!

So another conversation with S-hole revealed that VP specifically asked Boss to apply for the Mgr job Uptown. He can't figure out why they don't just hire him straight away, since he didn't get written up back in October (it was October, wasn't it?), and his best guess is that they're just waiting for tax season to finish up. Which still doesn't make sense--you don't wait for busy season to end before hiring a manager. Especially if the guy you want is already doing the job. Hopefully more will be revealed in the coming weeks.

He also said that she specifically asked Boss if he thought S-hole was ready to run our branch while he was gone.

So it sounds like that's already planned out, too. Hmmmmmm.

I can't help but fear that rather than a light at the end of the tunnel, I'm seeing an oncoming train here: S-hole gets promoted to Manager, I bust my ass for 3+ weeks at South Branch, then they promote someone else to manage that branch, and in the meantime, S-hole promotes J as his Assistant Manager.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?