<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, March 05, 2012

And the Crazy Bitch of the Day Award goes to... 

Oh the drama. Why must there be so damned much drama? Please, girls, take your drama home and don't let anyone else play with it, OK?

This all started today in a bout of frustration. I ended up coming into work late because I had the wrong schedule--which I actually have proof that I TOLD Boss about and he did not correct me. I digress, I was late and pissed off about it. Throughout the course of my unnecessarily frenzied morning as a result of this development, I kept coming across mistake after mistake that all traced back to the same person: Sharon. Sure, a couple were actual "mistakes", the kind of thing that happens because you didn't pay close enough attention, and "Oops!" But at least two were huge: first, she opened an account and didn't get the signature card signed. This essentially invalidates the entire account. Now sure, every now and then someone'll screw up and let a customer walk away after signing the signature card wrong in some way, and you don't catch it until after they've left. Or sometimes your copy gets mixed in with theirs and it walks away with them. As easy as it sounds for these things to happen, it is still a HUGE DEAL. Essentially, the CONTRACT is not signed. We have no rights to charge them anything, we have failed a gajillion federal regulations, etc. So when you discover that this has happened, it's time to panic. Call the customer. Every hour. Impress upon them the urgency of this matter. It's a big FUCKING DEAL. And yet, she managed to do it, and not tell anyone else in the branch. So when the error hit the branch's scores on Saturday, it was already too late to fix it. Had she mentioned it on the day it happened, we could have coordinated a phone attack and gotten the customer in. But no, that didn't happen. It's a big deal. And also a big deal? The last time we got a shipment of supplies, she was happily opening all the boxes and putting stuff away. Turns out one of the boxes contained money order paper--essentially blank paper checks. And she left them out on the counter in the part of the branch that people could wander in from Major Retailer without setting off the alarm. These things are supposed to be locked under dual control, but once again, she didn't even TELL anybody they'd come in, and then they sat back by her desk for several DAYS unguarded! Had someone taken them, they could have printed checks on their own computer for God Only Knows how much money, and they'd surely have gotten away with it for a while, too! And we're not talking about 25 or even 100 checks, we're talking about 500 blank OFFICIAL BANK checks. This, my friends, is a big fucking deal. I've been written up for less. So in my frustration, I said aloud, to both Brittany and Sass2 that you'd think that someone who wants a PROMOTION would be mindful of not making STUPID ROOKIE MISTAKES, and that it looks bad--VERY BAD.

Later, just after we closed, Brittany said she got a text from Sharon asking her to call her right away because she didn't have tomorrow's schedule and needed to confirm when she'd be coming in. She talked with her for a minute and then told me that Sharon wanted to talk to me. I picked up the phone, "Whatcha need?"

"I want to know why you think it's OK to spend all day talking bad about me to my friends!!!"
"Huh?"
"Oh, you think you're so smart, but my FRIENDS have told me every little thing you said about me, and it's just WRONG of you to be badmouthing you behind my back!! I'm going to call VP! I think we need to sit down and TALK about this!!!"
On and on she went like a fucking rabid chicken. When she finally came up for air, I told her, essentially:
"You go right ahead and make that call if you feel it'll help.But everything I said to your 'friends', I have already told VP about anyway, so she'll already know about every little detail. Look, I've had a very frustrating day, one where every time there was a new problem to deal with, it had your name attached to it. I did not seek out things to complain about, nor did I seek out ways to drag your name through the mud. I did not say anything to 'your friends' that I wouldn't have said to your face had you been here, and I did not say anything that I wasn't planning on saying to you when we worked together next. I'm sorry that it got back to you in such an unseemly manner, but I have to point out that it appears that someone has repeated things I said ~in a manner in which I did not say them~ with the explicit intention of stirring up drama, and Sharon, anyone who would go out of their way to do that is NOT your friend."
"Well I'm STILL calling VP!"
"You do that, feel free." I said calmly. She was livid. I mean, I know she expected to get me on the phone and really rattle my cage, and the calmer I was, the more it pissed her off.

Sorry, honey, I'm not gonna play the drama game. I didn't say anything about you personally, other than what we all already know: you have applied for the branch manager's job. I didn't say anything I wouldn't say to your face. And I didn't complain about anything trivial. AND I really had detailed every last one of them in my daily report to VP and Boss. So bring it, bitch, you're only making me look better. Let's have that "round table talk" you're fantasizing about--where you think you're going to get vindication because I was so mean to acknowledge your mistakes to the people you work with who need to learn how important these mistakes were and were present when the mistakes were discovered. Please demonstrate very clearly to VP how emotionally unstable you are and how unprepared you are to handle the pressures of being in charge here. And while you're doing it, let me demonstrate how your drama doesn't ruffle my feathers. Please.

When I got off the phone, Brittany sheepishly apologized and swore on her life she didn't tell her anything and had no idea she was going to say "all that" to me. I told her not to worry, it didn't matter to me who said what because I'm not going to play into the childish drama, I'm only there to retrain everyone, not to make friends or worry about who likes me or doesn't.



Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?