Thursday, March 01, 2012
Sweet disappointment
I must admit that over the past week or so, I've most definitely come to the conclusion that running the South branch would drive me batshit, and I would be completely miserable down there. I'm counting the hours until my tenure there is done. And yet somehow, that doesn't quell the outrage I felt when I received the "Thanks, but you don't qualify." email from My Bank's recruiter. I had previously been led to believe that I slipped under the radar because the write-up didn't get filed until after my resume was forwarded to VP, but apparently not.
I really want to believe in karma right now--I want to believe that this world of bullshit I've endured is going to pay off for me someday, somehow. But honestly, deep down I know there's nothing fair in this life. What's that they say? "'Fair' is a place where they judge pigs."
I should have become a drug-dealing actor-wannabe slacker, lied and cheated my way through life and not given a damn about right or wrong. I seriously doubt my life would have turned out any less rewarding.
I really want to believe in karma right now--I want to believe that this world of bullshit I've endured is going to pay off for me someday, somehow. But honestly, deep down I know there's nothing fair in this life. What's that they say? "'Fair' is a place where they judge pigs."
I should have become a drug-dealing actor-wannabe slacker, lied and cheated my way through life and not given a damn about right or wrong. I seriously doubt my life would have turned out any less rewarding.
Comments:
Post a Comment