Friday, March 16, 2012
This is Sparta!!!
So much for thinking I understood what was about to go down at work. I got a call today from S-hole. The whole drama went down something like this: S-hole was offered the South Branch Manager's job. Boss will be coming back to our home branch, and apparently Dildo really did want the South Branch's job, so when he was told he wasn't getting it, he quit. I have been asked to fill in at their branch while they work on staffing it. They only have two employees now! They had two entry-level positions already posted, and VP says that she'll be hiring those positions before they post the manager's job. My writeup expires in 34 days. When I mentioned it to S-hole, he pointed out that the South Branch job was posted Jan. 26th and they just filled it today. So hopefully it'll be at least a couple weeks before they post the West Side branch.
So two things: I am so fucking relieved that I didn't get the South Branch job. It really would have driven me crazy. It just might drive S-hole crazy. Then again, those girls might be afraid of him enough to get their lazy asses in line. And second, I think VP's intentions for me will be made more clear over the next couple of weeks. If she really does hold the posting until I'm eligible to apply, then I may have a damn good shot at it. If it gets posted in the next week, then she's not taking it seriously. In the meantime, we'll see if my home branch's ABM job gets posted, too. When Boss called to ask me about volunteering to work over at West Side, he briefly mentioned offhand that it would be good for "promotional purposes", i.e: suck up to VP & prove you're a dependable go-getter. Didn't I just do that?
Comments:
Post a Comment