Friday, March 23, 2012
Today's episode of "As The Coin Turns"
Yesterday, I asked Boss when he'd be available to talk--I was trying to get a feel for what the holy fuck is going on with me vis-a-vis West Side, and their absent manager, as well as take an opportunity to talk with him about my assessment of Evelyn and Tee and their branch in a forum that wouldn't leave any written evidence. Not that I had anything negative to say, just that I don't want old emails popping up years from now accusing me of distorting anything or used as evidence that I gossip about people. He said that he and VP would both be in the West Side branch today, we could talk then.
Wait, what? Thanks for the warning? Neither Tee or Evelyn knew anything about this. And they, like me, have come to understand that the presence of two or more managers coming into the branch from outside usually means someone's getting fired. Or written up. But nobody knew of anything that could engender such a response, so we nervously went about our business. I slept for CRAP worrying about it, even though I know I've not done anything wrong. This morning, VP showed up first. She's chipper and right to business, trying to find a computer that will allow her to log on. Between customers, I hear her asking T&E how things are going, did they have any questions, etc. Then she tells them that "for now," Boss will be "heading up both branches, to get things back on track." and that we'll do that "for a while". Not a single hint about how long she has in mind, or what sort of goals she has in mind, or even what "back on track" means. Here's the thing: I think T&E are both perfectly capable of running their day-to-day operations without any intervention. Yes, they're short-staffed, and working with only two people there all day really puts a damper on the things that you can do as far as marketing, but this branch is in no way anything like South Side! They're clean and organized--mostly, as it turns out, because of T & E--the managers were the problem! VP was going through a stack (and I mean a filing drawer FULL) of random papers that Dildo had left behind when he quit--employee/hr papers, customer papers, non-bank-related papers, all just shoved in a drawer--Tee would have cleaned it out like he did the rest of the branch, but once he discovered HR papers, he didn't want to get in trouble for overstepping his station, and asked that a manager take a look at them instead. I was at the teller line near the shred bin when VP came up with an armload of papers and started shoving them in, "I swear," she muttered, "How can people run a branch like this? What were they thinking? I just don't GET IT!" I agreed, and before I could say anything more, "And SOUTH Branch, I mean REALLY! How could they even operate under those conditions??" "I know," I told her, "You can't micromanage every little thing they do--that's what you have Branch Managers for!!" "Exactly!"
Shortly afterward, S-hole and Boss walked in. WTF, why is S-hole here? He and I managed to get cornered in the back room with VP for a few minutes talking about South Branch, and when she left, I asked him what the hell everyone was here for. "I don't know." ?? "No seriously--Boss called me last night and asked what time I was going to be here, and that was the first I'd heard about it. Then an hour later VP called me and asked me to come. No explanations. I asked him, 'Are we delivering paperwork?' [code for 'disciplinary paperwork'], he said no. 'Are we RECEIVING paperwork?' No. And that's literally all I know." He waited around for two and a half hours before VP was done with her email, and announced that she was leaving and taking Boss and S-hole to lunch. On his way out, Boss said he'd be back in West Side later in the afternoon. Of course he never showed up.
One side note: S-hole told me that Dexter (south side guy) informed him that Sharon and Dildo were having an affair! Ok, world, there is so much Ew in the picture that this puts in my head, words fail. Ew. I need to vomit. But it suddenly makes sense about why Sharon was so "Dildo's awesome!" when uh, no, there is nothing awesome about Dildo. He was a lazy, crappy manager, with a belligerent attitude and a VOLUNTEER sheriff's badge from four counties away that he regularly flashed to anyone he could in order to intimidate them. Well, there's no evidence that the relationship ever became sexual, but she did tell her co-workers that he kissed her and asked if she wanted to go to his mother's house to have sex. Have I mentioned that he is in his late 30's? But the whole him-trying-to-transfer-to-South Side and her-trying-to-transfer-to-West Side only sort of makes sense still, because she put in to transfer sometime in the past two weeks, and he quit one week ago (when he didn't get the South Side job). And S-hole didn't know she'd put in for a transfer. That pissed him off, though he tried to hide it from me. We talked a little about the group and how things have gone for him so far, and I still think Sharon will quit rather than adjust her attitude. And the very brief conversation I had with Boss reveals that he and the other employees at my home branch have been telling everyone (i.e: CUSTOMERS) that we're taking over West Side's branch. It's sounding more and more to me like he plans/thinks/?? he's going to permanently manage both branches. No word on the state of hiring his ABM at Home Branch. But S-hole said in another month, he will probably be able to post an ABM spot at his branch. Ugh.
It's like the whole damned company is a fucking exclusive little country club and I'm a black boy named Rico.
Wait, what? Thanks for the warning? Neither Tee or Evelyn knew anything about this. And they, like me, have come to understand that the presence of two or more managers coming into the branch from outside usually means someone's getting fired. Or written up. But nobody knew of anything that could engender such a response, so we nervously went about our business. I slept for CRAP worrying about it, even though I know I've not done anything wrong. This morning, VP showed up first. She's chipper and right to business, trying to find a computer that will allow her to log on. Between customers, I hear her asking T&E how things are going, did they have any questions, etc. Then she tells them that "for now," Boss will be "heading up both branches, to get things back on track." and that we'll do that "for a while". Not a single hint about how long she has in mind, or what sort of goals she has in mind, or even what "back on track" means. Here's the thing: I think T&E are both perfectly capable of running their day-to-day operations without any intervention. Yes, they're short-staffed, and working with only two people there all day really puts a damper on the things that you can do as far as marketing, but this branch is in no way anything like South Side! They're clean and organized--mostly, as it turns out, because of T & E--the managers were the problem! VP was going through a stack (and I mean a filing drawer FULL) of random papers that Dildo had left behind when he quit--employee/hr papers, customer papers, non-bank-related papers, all just shoved in a drawer--Tee would have cleaned it out like he did the rest of the branch, but once he discovered HR papers, he didn't want to get in trouble for overstepping his station, and asked that a manager take a look at them instead. I was at the teller line near the shred bin when VP came up with an armload of papers and started shoving them in, "I swear," she muttered, "How can people run a branch like this? What were they thinking? I just don't GET IT!" I agreed, and before I could say anything more, "And SOUTH Branch, I mean REALLY! How could they even operate under those conditions??" "I know," I told her, "You can't micromanage every little thing they do--that's what you have Branch Managers for!!" "Exactly!"
Shortly afterward, S-hole and Boss walked in. WTF, why is S-hole here? He and I managed to get cornered in the back room with VP for a few minutes talking about South Branch, and when she left, I asked him what the hell everyone was here for. "I don't know." ?? "No seriously--Boss called me last night and asked what time I was going to be here, and that was the first I'd heard about it. Then an hour later VP called me and asked me to come. No explanations. I asked him, 'Are we delivering paperwork?' [code for 'disciplinary paperwork'], he said no. 'Are we RECEIVING paperwork?' No. And that's literally all I know." He waited around for two and a half hours before VP was done with her email, and announced that she was leaving and taking Boss and S-hole to lunch. On his way out, Boss said he'd be back in West Side later in the afternoon. Of course he never showed up.
One side note: S-hole told me that Dexter (south side guy) informed him that Sharon and Dildo were having an affair! Ok, world, there is so much Ew in the picture that this puts in my head, words fail. Ew. I need to vomit. But it suddenly makes sense about why Sharon was so "Dildo's awesome!" when uh, no, there is nothing awesome about Dildo. He was a lazy, crappy manager, with a belligerent attitude and a VOLUNTEER sheriff's badge from four counties away that he regularly flashed to anyone he could in order to intimidate them. Well, there's no evidence that the relationship ever became sexual, but she did tell her co-workers that he kissed her and asked if she wanted to go to his mother's house to have sex. Have I mentioned that he is in his late 30's? But the whole him-trying-to-transfer-to-South Side and her-trying-to-transfer-to-West Side only sort of makes sense still, because she put in to transfer sometime in the past two weeks, and he quit one week ago (when he didn't get the South Side job). And S-hole didn't know she'd put in for a transfer. That pissed him off, though he tried to hide it from me. We talked a little about the group and how things have gone for him so far, and I still think Sharon will quit rather than adjust her attitude. And the very brief conversation I had with Boss reveals that he and the other employees at my home branch have been telling everyone (i.e: CUSTOMERS) that we're taking over West Side's branch. It's sounding more and more to me like he plans/thinks/?? he's going to permanently manage both branches. No word on the state of hiring his ABM at Home Branch. But S-hole said in another month, he will probably be able to post an ABM spot at his branch. Ugh.
It's like the whole damned company is a fucking exclusive little country club and I'm a black boy named Rico.
Comments:
Post a Comment