<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, April 09, 2012

11 days to go 

I triumphantly return to my home branch tomorrow. Boss said that he'd send me back to West Side in a month "to see if I can see a difference" after he makes a ton of changes over there. I don't know how to get it through his head: their problems left when their asshole BM and ABM left. Tee and Evelyn are not the problem. There is very, very little that needs to be changed over there now that Dildo and Brainless are gone. What they need is help marketing to help make up for the fact that the store is SO MUCH SLOWER than ours is. I mean tumbleweeds-slow. So yeah, we'll see. He talked like "the plan" was that he was going to be in charge over there for quite a while.

I fully expect to come in tomorrow and read in my email an announcement that Boss has promoted J ahead of me. He and J are besties, you know. They drink together almost every weekend. When J split from his fiance, he lived on Boss' couch for about 3 weeks. S-hole used to call them each other's "boyfriend" to try to get under their skin--honestly, the term fit, though, with how much of each other's personal business they were involved in. And Boss is too stupid to understand that working with your best buddy is not a formula for success in a corporate environment.

So how do I feel about this? I don't even fucking know. I mean, I want a fucking promotion. I deserved one a year ago, dammit, and I'm tired of being patient. Now that more manager jobs are opening up, I have to wonder if I really have a shot at it, or if I'm just kidding myself. I am willing to take the half-step forward to the assistant job with Boss if it means that 6 months from now he relinquishes West Side and I can promote to their manager's spot. Barring that, I want North Side's manager's job. It's fucking time, dammit. But I'm willing to wait and save the commuting time if there's any sort of assurance that I could get a manager's job here in town. My branch commute is 1.6 miles. West Side's is 5.4. North Side's is 26. So yeah, staying in town would be good.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?