<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, April 12, 2012

8 days and counting. Or is it 2? 

First of all, no massive announcement that someone else has usurped my job. Yet. And all this week, I've yet to work with Boss one single minute. It took some digging around, but I did finally find the link to the page referencing my disciplinary action, and there are three dates on it: the date that the "incident" occurred, the date the disciplinary action was started, and the date it was completed. So which date is the one that starts the clock? I've been going by the disciplinary action date, which would expire on the 20th. But if it's the incident date, then it's the 14th. Hmmmmm. So I emailed HR, and naturally didn't hear back from them before I left for the day and I'm off today, so here I wait, again. I did email the recruiter and ask if I had to wait til the d/a is expired before applying, or if it's close (i.e.: a couple of days), they'd push it through. Naturally they said it had to be expired.

I found out a little more dirt on why it seemed I was the only person Boss could count on to travel to different branches: J and Louis are idiots. Well, we knew that, but seriously, they're idiots. Just before I left for South Branch, J bought a car. He had this convoluted scheme where he convinced his mother to take his less-than-one-year-old Toyota and make the payments for him and he'd take his tax refund money and buy a used car. He bought an old Camaro. And drove it about 3 weeks before it became so hobbled he's afraid to drive it again. And his mom won't give him his Toyota back. J commutes from North Town--26 miles. Being without a car is a pain. So to get back and forth to work, he's been catching a ride with Boss when they work the same shift, or sleeping at Louis' house here in town when they work the same shift. J had told me a couple weeks ago that he'd wrecked a car, but I misunderstood--he didn't wreck the Camaro. He wrecked Louis' car. And Louis had been letting him drive his car because Louis had gotten a DUI and no longer has a license. He also let his insurance lapse while he couldn't drive it. So J and Louis are now embroiled in a huge clusterfuck of ride-sharing and couch-sleeping, and neither of them could drive to a different branch without the other one. Fucking dumbasses.



Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?