<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, April 13, 2012

Launch Day has arrived! 

HR confirmed with me that my writeup expires today, so I applied for both the North Branch manager's job and my home branch assistant manager's job. The problem is, they won't forward both resumes and let me interview for both. Usually, as I understand it, HR will contact you and ask which one you prefer. I was stymied. I called S-hole for some advice--ironic, after all this time, that I trust him to give me an honest opinion over anyone else I know in the company. Essentially, he said it's a tough call because of the two Retail Bankers (my job title) who VP promoted to Manager in the past year, BOTH of them have since been fired. Well, we know what happened to D-Rod. I sure as shit wouldn't be making that sort of mistake. I don't know about the other. But two is enough to put her off wanting to risk it. But I can't deny that my ambition is to run my own branch. I asked S-hole if he knew anything about the West Side situation--that I'd be willing to simply do the ABM thing here and wait for West Side's BM job to open up. He said he thinks they're going to keep Boss there for a long time. Definitely 6 months, because that's how long his disciplinary action is, but also because if the company can get away with paying him to run both branches, they're not dummies, they're going to save the expense of promoting someone else. So then it's a crap-shoot to guess whether or not he will successfully be able to run two branches. And then there's the fact that the North Side job's location is prime--for most of the people in our entire region, a commute there is doable. But a commute to my town is way too far for a great deal of them, so there's much less competition for the jobs down here.

Oh the predicaments I find myself in!!

So I applied to the North Side BM job first, then emailed VP informing her of the fact that my writeup had expired as of today, and then further explained my predicament. "Because of the history of retail bankers' promotions, I understand if you feel I'm not ready, however, I don't want my ambition to run my own branch to cause me to miss out on the opportunity here if that's my only realistic option." Naturally she's out of town for the next 3 days, so it'll be AT LEAST Monday before I hear anything from her, if that.

So I casually mentioned to Boss while I ate my lunch in the back room that I'd discovered it was expiring today, and he said, "Great!!!" in a very relieved sort of way, and then segued into wondering when his own writeup expires. Naturally, not the slightest hint that he awaits my application for the ABM job.

Why can't people just be freaking honest????

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?