<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Don't even think about it, bozo 

I opened yesterday, and though my normal opening duties, discovered that J made a stupid bozo mistake. Not a hurt-our-scores mistake, just a "left $2000 lying around where it didn't belong" security mistake. People (I) have gotten written up for less. So yeah, he's in trouble. 

I know he's gunning for me--it's his best hope of getting that promotion. And that one mistake could pretty muck kill any chances at that job. So tonight after he closed, he texts me: "Do you have the ATM key?" Are you FUCKING kidding me? No I don't have the ATM key, don't try to set me up with some stupid bullshit. Tiffany and I had to do an ATM audit, and I had the ATM key OUT, but it went right back in the vault where it belongs. OK, maybe I hung it on the wrong hook, but it's in the vault, exactly as it is written on the logs, as witnessed by Tiffany. He could take it out and "misplace" it if he thinks he can get away with it, but surely he knows those security cameras catch EVERYTHING.

It's a little depressing--I keep checking the schedule to see who I work with every day, and every day, no matter who has the day off, my initial reaction is "Yay! No [insert name here] today!" There was a time when that reaction was "Yay! I work with [insert name here] today!" Ugh. After the ABM spot is filled, we'll hire a couple new people and hopefully we'll get a couple new people I actually like.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?