Sunday, May 06, 2012
Enough already!!!
After putting up with months of heartburn, it finally got bad enough, consistently enough that I had to see a doctor. Naturally, I made this decision just days before I started getting shuffled around to other branches, which made it impossible to know my schedule, and therefore impossible to make an appointment. When I finally had a set schedule again, then I couldn't find a doctor. Apparently nobody does family medicine anymore. But I finally got in. He put me on the prescription version of Prilosec. And he told me to quit caffeine and alcohol, as they both aggravate the problem.
Wait, BOTH caffeine AND alcohol? I've only succeeded in quitting both while I was pregnant--morning sickness made that an easy choice. But now I'm just cranky. And looky here, one of the known side effects of Prilosec is HEADACHES. I'd begun weaning off the caffeine a week before I saw the doc, so these headaches have nothing to do with my caffeine intake, and let me tell you, I'm beginning to wonder if the heartburn would be easier to deal with! These headaches lie just between that murky no-man's-land between "bad headache" and "migraine"... sensitivity to light, throbbing when you move your head quickly, ugh...
Caffeine and alcohol were my vices. Without them, I want desperately to comfort myself with junk food. And I'm TRYING to lose weight, dammit!! And wouldn't you know: so far, the ONLY thing I've found that eases the headaches is to eat something cold. Popsicles, Frappucinos, ice cream, etc. That's gonna be great for the width of my ass, I'm sure. Too bad nobody makes Diet Slushies.
And in the midst of all this, let's not forget to start stressing about that promotion I'm trying to get. Just a few more days of not screwing up royally--because naturally if something were to happen (i.e: my drawer is out of balance >$100, I screw up some dual control task, etc.), I'll get written up and then can't get promoted. AAAAAaaaand, then tomorrow is our company audit. And the guy that's doing it has a reputation for being a total dickweed, so everyone's all uptight. We've got to pass tests, then let him dig through every last process we do and verify random paperwork--a bad grade can get someone fired. I doubt we'll get a bad grade, we got an A last time, but this guy is supposed to be worse, and we have 2 new employees who we can't count on doing everything right without supervision, and if he sees anyone doing something wrong while he's there, we automatically fail that section of the audit, even if it's something we'd correct when we caught them doing it. No stress there. I worked both days this weekend, and Boss was off. He spent both days calling/texting me will a list of tiny little things we had to do before Monday--because there's no time to fix anything Monday morning, because the guy's gonna be there before we open. When talking to Boss this afternoon, he implied that I needed to take care of some stuff during the day tomorrow-- just yesterday I was laughing with Rusty that they'd scheduled the audit for Boss's first day of his vacation. Now he seems to be implying that he won't be there tomorrow. I asked D-ball if Boss had mentioned such a thing to him, and he said no, but it wouldn't surprise him if Boss didn't come in and left it all on us. That way everything that goes wrong is our fault, and if we do well, it's because of him. Yeah, that sounds like Boss alright. And I swear, if he doesn't show up tomorrow, I'm gonna have plenty to talk with VP about on Tuesday!!
Wait, BOTH caffeine AND alcohol? I've only succeeded in quitting both while I was pregnant--morning sickness made that an easy choice. But now I'm just cranky. And looky here, one of the known side effects of Prilosec is HEADACHES. I'd begun weaning off the caffeine a week before I saw the doc, so these headaches have nothing to do with my caffeine intake, and let me tell you, I'm beginning to wonder if the heartburn would be easier to deal with! These headaches lie just between that murky no-man's-land between "bad headache" and "migraine"... sensitivity to light, throbbing when you move your head quickly, ugh...
Caffeine and alcohol were my vices. Without them, I want desperately to comfort myself with junk food. And I'm TRYING to lose weight, dammit!! And wouldn't you know: so far, the ONLY thing I've found that eases the headaches is to eat something cold. Popsicles, Frappucinos, ice cream, etc. That's gonna be great for the width of my ass, I'm sure. Too bad nobody makes Diet Slushies.
And in the midst of all this, let's not forget to start stressing about that promotion I'm trying to get. Just a few more days of not screwing up royally--because naturally if something were to happen (i.e: my drawer is out of balance >$100, I screw up some dual control task, etc.), I'll get written up and then can't get promoted. AAAAAaaaand, then tomorrow is our company audit. And the guy that's doing it has a reputation for being a total dickweed, so everyone's all uptight. We've got to pass tests, then let him dig through every last process we do and verify random paperwork--a bad grade can get someone fired. I doubt we'll get a bad grade, we got an A last time, but this guy is supposed to be worse, and we have 2 new employees who we can't count on doing everything right without supervision, and if he sees anyone doing something wrong while he's there, we automatically fail that section of the audit, even if it's something we'd correct when we caught them doing it. No stress there. I worked both days this weekend, and Boss was off. He spent both days calling/texting me will a list of tiny little things we had to do before Monday--because there's no time to fix anything Monday morning, because the guy's gonna be there before we open. When talking to Boss this afternoon, he implied that I needed to take care of some stuff during the day tomorrow-- just yesterday I was laughing with Rusty that they'd scheduled the audit for Boss's first day of his vacation. Now he seems to be implying that he won't be there tomorrow. I asked D-ball if Boss had mentioned such a thing to him, and he said no, but it wouldn't surprise him if Boss didn't come in and left it all on us. That way everything that goes wrong is our fault, and if we do well, it's because of him. Yeah, that sounds like Boss alright. And I swear, if he doesn't show up tomorrow, I'm gonna have plenty to talk with VP about on Tuesday!!
Comments:
Post a Comment