Saturday, June 09, 2012
How much is vindication worth?
I sat down with D-Rod today to talk business... having just recently gone through the process of shopping for a SBA Loan, he's ripe with contacts and ideas, and I couldn't pass the opportunity to pick his brain. It was quite helpful.
As far as the loan goes, I got a couple of names of people I can get in touch with for some tactical support, and it was nice to see him go through my business plan and come away saying it's ready--well, I have to update dates, but it's essentially ready. I'm thrilled. The timing is right for that business, so it's time to buckle down and start looking for that loan again.
He mentioned The Bank after were were done talking about our prospective businesses, and I let him rant about how it all went down. I told him about J getting the ABM job and he wasn't surprised. Apparently J had told him several months ago that he would get it when it became available--why not, he was living on Boss' couch at the time. I mentioned that Boss seemed to be pushing me to move to the West Side branch, which is all women, and he agreed that my home branch is a frat house and Boss is a dick who is too immature to handle working with women. I mentioned my resolve to sue if things don't work out, and he wholeheartedly agreed and volunteered to testify. He said point blank that I put up with a lot of unprofessional behavior and The Bank should be held responsible.
As far as the loan goes, I got a couple of names of people I can get in touch with for some tactical support, and it was nice to see him go through my business plan and come away saying it's ready--well, I have to update dates, but it's essentially ready. I'm thrilled. The timing is right for that business, so it's time to buckle down and start looking for that loan again.
He mentioned The Bank after were were done talking about our prospective businesses, and I let him rant about how it all went down. I told him about J getting the ABM job and he wasn't surprised. Apparently J had told him several months ago that he would get it when it became available--why not, he was living on Boss' couch at the time. I mentioned that Boss seemed to be pushing me to move to the West Side branch, which is all women, and he agreed that my home branch is a frat house and Boss is a dick who is too immature to handle working with women. I mentioned my resolve to sue if things don't work out, and he wholeheartedly agreed and volunteered to testify. He said point blank that I put up with a lot of unprofessional behavior and The Bank should be held responsible.
Comments:
Post a Comment