<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, July 02, 2012

Apologies--I was busy losing my mind 

Yes, the following day, June 25th, when I came in to work, VP was there waiting for me. She quickly informed me they'd decided that since I'd altered documents that I was terminated, hand me your keys and get your stuff and leave. Fine. I said virtually nothing, gathered my shit and left.

Called a lawyer. He advised that we would be required to go through mediation first, and state law limited the award to a payout of 3 yrs' pay at the promotion I should have received rate plus $300,000 (tops). Oh, and his retainer is $5000 and they'd get 40% of the settlement. I recently discovered, however, that the mediation does not require a lawyer, in fact, if you bring one, they can't speak for you anyway, and is actually part of filing a claim with the EEOC, which I can do free of charge. I have 180 days from the event to file. I have a few balls in the air this week, but I'll find time to make the call and see what I have to do to file.

In the meantime, I'm applying for jobs like crazy, as well as unemployment, trying desperately to find a job before I run out of money. I even sold some of DD's diabetes supplies privately for cash (don't worry: they were things that she wouldn't be using since we changed protocol). I expect The Bank to fight unemployment, so I can't count on any income from unemployment for a while.

In addition to the job search, I gathered my wits and my documents, updated my business plan and started calling banks about getting an SBA loan. Might as well try to open that coffee shop after all...



Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?