Monday, September 10, 2012
I got out of bed for this?
Still struggling to figure out what sort of low-life prick I must have been in a past life to deserve this load of horse shit of a life.
Still no word from Bank #1.
Still no word from the unemployment office about when/if I can get a hearing to overturn their rejection of my unemployment.
Still no decent job offers.
But I started a WONDERFUL [<--sarcasm] part time job at a WASPy little women's clothing store with a woman's full name as it's title. You've heard of it. Their clothes are great but expensive. It's a factory store, so they're slightly less expensive. Oh sure, the clothes are great, the people are great, the customers are nice, the discount is awesome, and I'd chew my own fucking foot off it meant I'd never be forced to work retail again. I have no passion for fashion. I never have. I'm too practical. So yeah, there's this nice little promise that if I kick ass at my job, I could leapfrog other staffers for team lead and management positions. Yeah, I'm not getting my hopes up. Here I am, in the same exact place I was in 2005, working in the same job I could have got if I'd dropped out of high school and smoked pot all day til I got kicked out of the house. And at only 15 hrs a week and 8.50/hr, I'll actually lose money compared to what I could have been making with unemployment. Thanks to the state for taking more than 7 weeks to even decide if someone can GET unemployment, and who knows when they'll get around to the appeal. So, for my sore back and feet and $30 extra in gas per week, I might bring home $60/week. Might as well look for a hovel in the fucking ghetto now.
Still no word from Bank #1.
Still no word from the unemployment office about when/if I can get a hearing to overturn their rejection of my unemployment.
Still no decent job offers.
But I started a WONDERFUL [<--sarcasm] part time job at a WASPy little women's clothing store with a woman's full name as it's title. You've heard of it. Their clothes are great but expensive. It's a factory store, so they're slightly less expensive. Oh sure, the clothes are great, the people are great, the customers are nice, the discount is awesome, and I'd chew my own fucking foot off it meant I'd never be forced to work retail again. I have no passion for fashion. I never have. I'm too practical. So yeah, there's this nice little promise that if I kick ass at my job, I could leapfrog other staffers for team lead and management positions. Yeah, I'm not getting my hopes up. Here I am, in the same exact place I was in 2005, working in the same job I could have got if I'd dropped out of high school and smoked pot all day til I got kicked out of the house. And at only 15 hrs a week and 8.50/hr, I'll actually lose money compared to what I could have been making with unemployment. Thanks to the state for taking more than 7 weeks to even decide if someone can GET unemployment, and who knows when they'll get around to the appeal. So, for my sore back and feet and $30 extra in gas per week, I might bring home $60/week. Might as well look for a hovel in the fucking ghetto now.
Comments:
Post a Comment