Thursday, December 13, 2012
In my autobiography, we'll call this the "Siberian Work Camp" period
So it's been 9 days since I had a day off, and so far, it looks like my next day off will be on Christmas. How the fuck am I supposed to get anything done? And nobody else in the family will lift a finger, either. I asked the kids to decorate the tree if I put it up for them first--sure, they said. It took me twenty minutes to dig all the boxes out of the garage--Bless His Heart, Rusty packs everything like he's packing a truck, so forget about actually being able to get to something once it's "put away". Nearly broke my ankle. Finished covered in cobwebs and dust, and feeling like my legs were on fire. Put up the tree. Came home to find everything exactly where I left it and all three of them blinking slowly at me as if they had no idea they were expected to do anything. I asked why they didn't decorate the tree, DD says, "Oh, I thought it'd be nice if we waited and did it together." Right, that's why I asked you to decorate it for me--because what I secretly wanted was the opposite of what I asked for. If I wanted to decorate the tree, I'd have done it my damned self. What is it about my health that these people don't understand??? I have to stand on what feels like broken bones and blistered skin for eight hours. I am skipping SHOWERS because I don't want to stand up that long. Why would I find it enjoyable to stand around decorating the house?? Forget putting any lights outside. They ask me to do it, they won't do it themselves. Rusty's happy to live in a damned dirt cave, he doesn't give a shit. Merry fucking Christmas.
It is completely exhausting living like this. If I had a desk job, it'd be bad enough, but I'm being tortured and I'm supposed to smile through it and be nice to people all day. I just don't know how much longer I can do it. And then I come home and I'm treated like I'm faking it.
It is completely exhausting living like this. If I had a desk job, it'd be bad enough, but I'm being tortured and I'm supposed to smile through it and be nice to people all day. I just don't know how much longer I can do it. And then I come home and I'm treated like I'm faking it.
Comments:
Post a Comment