Friday, January 25, 2013
Winter's Endin'... I hope!
So it's official, The Hut is pulling out of the Major Retailer Cell Phone Kiosk business. This is actually really good news. Major Retailer has hired a new company to run the kiosks, and New Company, whose name is so generic I like to refer to them as Initech (I hope you get the reference). Initech has decided to keep all the same people. So I keep my job. And hopefully, Initech will be much better at training and pretty much everything else they do. A girl can dream, can't she?
In the meantime, I noticed that Old Boss had finally been allowed to post a position at my old branch. I guess the company is finally letting him hire someone. I suppose they feel the case is closed? So I called the EEOC to try to get an update, and he finally called me back: Yes, he'd received their response, but he hasn't been able to read it yet, as he has to deal with other cases first, based on the age of the case, and he expects to get to it in a couple of weeks. So I guess I can wait another "couple of weeks"... the wait is killing me, though.
Also, last summer while I was meeting with a bank downtown, they mentioned a locally owned bakery down the street in a manner that made me think it was a popular spot and perhaps I should investigate for ideas for my business. I stopped in and was thoroughly unimpressed. Sparsely decorated, unprofessionally presented--it was clearly just a couple of ladies who like to bake and knew nothing about the food service industry. But I liked them on Facebook to help get an idea of how they were promoting themselves. Last week they posted a message saying the business was up for sale. My first reaction was that it didn't surprise me. They clearly didn't know what they were getting into. And then the gears started turning. Hmmm, I wonder if a bank would think that's a better idea than completely starting from scratch? I talked with my dad and he encouraged me to contact them and find out what they're asking and what they're offering. It can't hurt, can it?
In the meantime, I noticed that Old Boss had finally been allowed to post a position at my old branch. I guess the company is finally letting him hire someone. I suppose they feel the case is closed? So I called the EEOC to try to get an update, and he finally called me back: Yes, he'd received their response, but he hasn't been able to read it yet, as he has to deal with other cases first, based on the age of the case, and he expects to get to it in a couple of weeks. So I guess I can wait another "couple of weeks"... the wait is killing me, though.
Also, last summer while I was meeting with a bank downtown, they mentioned a locally owned bakery down the street in a manner that made me think it was a popular spot and perhaps I should investigate for ideas for my business. I stopped in and was thoroughly unimpressed. Sparsely decorated, unprofessionally presented--it was clearly just a couple of ladies who like to bake and knew nothing about the food service industry. But I liked them on Facebook to help get an idea of how they were promoting themselves. Last week they posted a message saying the business was up for sale. My first reaction was that it didn't surprise me. They clearly didn't know what they were getting into. And then the gears started turning. Hmmm, I wonder if a bank would think that's a better idea than completely starting from scratch? I talked with my dad and he encouraged me to contact them and find out what they're asking and what they're offering. It can't hurt, can it?
Comments:
Post a Comment