<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, March 31, 2013

Darkest Before the Dawn, right? 

Yesterday was the last sales day for The Hut. I scheduled both Candy and myself for a full 8 hours. Not because I thought we'd be busy, but because they can't hurt me for going over payroll and I'm not allowed to schedule Candy at all for the rest of the week and I'm not sure what kind of time she will be able to get the following week either. I have to prepare for a group of 3 or more to watch me do inventory tomorrow, pack up a box of paperwork and ship it out, and then stand around for the remaining 7.5 hours pretending to be useful. I'm seriously required to be there for 8 hours but those are literally the only tasks I'm allowed to do tomorrow.

I was told I had to schedule Bullseye orientation and register training, both on Wednesday, ideally, because there's a meeting on either Thursday or Friday I'll have to attend, and a couple random tasks to do on Tuesday. Oh, but they can't tell me which day or what time--and that means Candy has no idea what she's allowed to work for her second job because she had to make herself available for their needs, but they won't tell us when they need us ahead of time. So aggravating. And nevermind that Candy has already had both those training sessions, but we have to do them again to fulfill Innitech's contract. So I talk to the HR assistant that schedules all those things, and she wants me to just do it with her next orientation group--on the 16th. No, I can't open until I've had this training, and I'm supposed to open on the 11th.

Oh, did I mention that? I don't open until the 11th. I have 11 days of "working" with no idea of what I'm actually going to do.

So I was already in a mood when Candy returned to our kiosk from her lunch break a few moments before a young woman approached us. She was visibly upset and speaking in a sort of stuttered, flustered way that made it clear something had really rattled her. Essentially she said that "some people" over in the books and music section had warned them not to go into that area, and that there was something red all over the floor, and she wanted us to tell her if she'd just walked through blood on the floor. Candy went with her toward the area to investigate. She returned a couple minutes later explaining that the Bullseye team had been notified, and a cleanup crew was on their way, and it looked as though someone must've just had a nosebleed or something, but to just stay out of the area until they had a chance to clean it up.

"You don't understand." she insisted. "What's the problem?" I asked. "You won't DO ANYTHING!" Candy and I exchanged looks. Candy repeated, "The cleanup crew is on their way, they'll take care of it."

"You don't understand how UPSET I AM!!"
"I can see how upset you are. I'm just not sure what you expect me to do."
"I am COMPLETELY FREAKED OUT RIGHT NOW because I MAY HAVE STEPPED IN BLOOD!"
Candy told her that if she preferred, she could wait near the area and a member of the cleanup crew would have the tools necessary to clean her shoes if she felt she may have gotten blood on her shoes.
"You don't UNDERSTAND!!"

She walked away, only to return a moment later, yelling at the top of her lungs that we were refusing to do anything and OBVIOUSLY we didn't care. Candy (who was about to cut a bitch at this point), followed her down the aisle, "Ma'am, what do you want me to DO?"

"OBVIOUSLY YOU DON'T CARE!"


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?