<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Driving me to drink 

The Hut is really trying to kill me, I'm almost sure of it. They have gone out of their way to make sure that we cannot communicate easily with Innitech or Bullseye about the upcoming changes. I realize that it's not in their interests to pay us to prepare to work for another company, but the lengths to which they are going to prevent us from even knowing what to expect are just ludicrous.

So far, they've required we ship back a small portion of our inventory--stuff that they can ship to their regular Hut stores and sell there, stuff that we could easily be selling right now, like Otterboxes, and Virgin Mobile hotspot devices. Then they removed our ability to sell service plans--oh, and did I mention that our monthly bonuses require us to attach service plans or Otterboxes to a certain percentage of our sales? Gee, it'll be such a surprise when nobody qualifies for their monthly bonus because they didn't get their attachments. And this week they made us completely wipe the little computer we use to transfer data from one phone to another--a vital and free service we offer for customers buying a new phone, and now a service we can't perform until well into next month.

On April 1st, I have to do an official inventory--the one that will be transferred over to Bullseye, as our stock becomes their property. But I can't just do the inventory, no that would be too simple. No I have to do the inventory in the presences of a Bullseye security person, a Bullseye management person, a Hut manager AND an independent inventory company representative. Did I mention that the cage that contains 90% of my inventory is a cabinet all of 3 feet wide? It'll be fun, I'm sure. And then when I'm done, I have to disassemble part of my computer and ship it back to Hut, and be completely offline (unable to clock in or out) for several days until Innitech shows up and reinstalls stuff.  Am I gonna take a payroll hit for that? No, silly: I'll still be required to come to work every day.

That's right: I have to come in to work where there will be no inventory to sell, no computer on which to sell (or train), and literally nothing I can do to help customers. For at least 5 hours every day for an undetermined amount of time.

And 90% of this "undetermined" bullshit is because the new company isn't allowed on the property anywhere until after 3/31 because of The Hut's contract with Bullseye, and they're actively preventing the new company from being able to prepare seamlessly.

I need a fucking drink.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?