<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, March 09, 2013

So much cookin' in the kitchen. Must be a party on the horizon. 

First, the morning started with a conference call (it's a law somewhere that once a company grows to more than 50 people, they are legally required to waste people's time with conference calls and meetings), which informed of a few developments on the horizon with Innitech. It all sounds suspiciously promising. Honestly, though: it can't be worse, so I remain hopeful, and catch myself in fleeting moments feeling positive and hopeful about my job!

Next, Evelyn turned up at Bullseye and stopped to chat. Evelyn--the former West-Side bank co-worker. I've seen her a couple of times over the past couple of months and had a little small talk, but she always had a bevvy of kids with her, so she was a little rushed to get on with things. Today she was alone. She vented a little about how much she hates Boss. She said he hasn't been to their branch since December, and yes, he's still their manager, but he's supposedly "making a stand" with their DM and insisting he can't do both branches anymore. Oh, and my former branch missed their account goal in January, the first time since BEFORE I WORKED there, hahahahahahaha! Anyway, I mentioned that I'd noticed earlier this week that there was yet ANOTHER twenty-something man working there (I noticed the job posted back in January). Evelyn hates Boss with the firey white hot passion than only a not-a-model-woman can hate douchebags like him. Evelyn informs me that the hiring decision came down to Mr. Twentysomething and a 40-ish woman, and the decision was made that the woman would be, and I QUOTE: TOO SLOW TO TRAIN.

You can damned bet that's going in a letter to the EEOC.

I could wax philosophical about this development, but the crux of it is this: the bank is still not monitoring what that bastard does, despite having to answer to government inquiries about him. The fucking gall.

On the plus side, Evelyn was no aware of Boss's torrid affair with the hair salon manager, so I filled her in with all the details. She will dutifully report it back to Tee, I'm sure. I told her about my formal complaint against Boss, and that if they had anything to add, I'd be happy to pass it along.

And then I have to add the cherry to the cake:

At dinner tonight, my FIFTEEN year old daughter (wait, I should rephrase: my 182 month old baby) informed me that her boyfriend--her very first boyfriend ever, who she's been dating since 12/21/12, told her that he wants to marry her when they get older. 

Can I get a medal for not overreacting?

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?