<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, April 12, 2013

As The Screw Turns 

So yeah, this "corporate takeover" thing? Sucks.

The Hut, I liken them to Elmer Fudd. Dumb and old and barely functioning, but easily tricked into compliance. Innitech? It's like Michael Scott and Megatron had a baby in some dystopian Orwellian world...

Nothing this company has done has worked correctly so far. Nothing. Half the staff didn't receive the credentials they needed to log into the many various systems we are required to log into--and naturally they all use different usernames and password requirements. Stupid. The online training courses were useless--most contained nothing but typical corporate platitudes that could be written on motivational posters, or they were filled with information I already knew because I'm already working in the phone industry. And the rest was going over computer systems that we don't have access to because they haven't been installed in our stores yet. So there's that... And their servers couldn't handle 1700 stores' worth of employees all trying to log in to complete the classes in their ridiculously short deadline (especially given the fact that at least 2/3 of us will have to wait several more days before we can actually start selling anything).

Their system requires that I use my phone to clock in. This annoys me because my phone is MY PHONE, not yours muthafucka, and I decide what I do on it, not you, you got it??? They use the GPS to "prove" you're not clocking in from a remote location. Here's a fucking idea: how 'bout we clock in on the goddamned computer you provide at the kiosk? There's no way to fake that, is there??? So every day, I have to stop at the front of the store, stand there and look like I'm fucking around on my phone, then go get the keys. Yes, I'm not allowed to carry my own keys anymore, I have to sign them in and out. I get it, I get it: our inventory now belongs to Bullseye, so blah blah blah--just one more way they're demonstrating that they don't trust us any more than a busload of convicts. But it gets better: you can't just clock in willy-nilly, no, you can only clock in if a shift has been entered into the system for you. So naturally one of the first things Innitech does is COMPLETELY FUCK UP EVERYONE'S SCHEDULES. So now we're making phone calls and jumping through hoops on our personal computers to set up shifts online, and instead of taking a few seconds, it takes upwards of 4 or 5 minutes to clock in. So yesterday, I was required to be at the store from 2pm-8pm. But there wasn't a shift in the schedule for me, so I had to enter it myself. But I can't enter the shift as it belongs, I have to chose one from a pre-determined list that mysteriously doesn't remotely resemble to hours that my kiosk is open. So I have to assign the wrong shift and then call the help line and have them change it to the right one. It's 11:30am when I go online and create the shift. The minute I see the time won't change, I call my DM, who tells me not to worry about it, just go in at 2. No sooner than I hang up from that call--seriously, less than three minutes from the time that I submitted the new shift, I get a phone call. "Hi, this is Jake with Innitech. Why haven't you clocked in for your shift yet?"

Are you FUCKING KIDDING ME? Seriously, assholes: if you already know that 90% of the schedules are WRONG, maybe you can open these calls with a more understanding tone? "Hi, this is Jake with Innitech. I see a shift scheduled for you that was supposed to start at 11am--do we have that right?" Because, Jake with Innitech, it is YOU who have Fucked Up, my Orwellian Friend, not I. And this is double-plus BULLSHIT.

Wednesday, I was required to be at my store while they installed my computer software. Except they never installed my computer software. Nobody ever showed up. The installations were supposed to take place in waves over this past week starting on Monday. Our district is comprised of twenty stores, and there were four stores scheduled to have tech visits each day, with the final wave of stores opening on Friday. Well today is Friday, and we have a total of four stores in our entire district with operational computers. So we all have to show up, but we can't SELL ANYTHING. And even worse, we can't even tell our customers WHEN we can sell them something. It's embarrassing. And just to make sure they fuck that up, too, one of the four stores with a working computer--their manager never received any of her credentials, despite having spent most of the week on the phone with support trying to figure out why she hadn't received any of her info, and now they're telling her it'll be Monday before she'll have access to any of the systems.

I didn't expect this change to be smooth. I knew it'd be painful. I had no idea it would be infuriating.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?