Friday, May 03, 2013
Silly GIRL, you thought they were trying to HELP!
See, at this point, the sheer number of failures indicates that the problem isn't as I first suspected. No, it's clear that it's their actual GOAL to screw up as many things as possible.
First, everyone on the district chat ap was talking about how they'd been instructed to ship back our Celebrite machine to be updated--the device we use to transfer info from an old phone to the new one. I had received a call the previous day about what equipment I had, but no mention was made of shipping anything. And I know how this works--if it's supposed to get shipped back and I don't do it, it'll just languish in my drawer for years before anyone discovers that they never received it to update it and ship it back to me. And I need this thing to work--I have lost sales because I can't save people's contacts or photos or whatnot. I made a couple of calls and didn't reach anyone with an answer. I emailed Opie, who said he forwarded it to his boss to get an answer. I'm already pissed off about having to take the call about what equipment I have in the first place because no less than three fucking times I've been forced to fill out an online questionnaire detailing what equipment I had and whether or not it worked. So the phone call was just another step in a litany of redundantly wasted time. I really did think it took a special kind of stupid to be stupider than The Hut. Eventually later that afternoon, I received yet another call from another agent, asking the same damned questions. This time, however, he assisted me in identifying what needed to get shipped back and how to ship it. Finally, something was fixed.
In the meantime, I had a delivery to check in. Well, a package arrived with some GS4's in it. Yay! When the store receives them, it gets checked into their system, and then they lock it up to give to me when I come in, because they usually arrive around 5am when I'm not there. Naturally nobody bothered telling me they arrived, I figured that out on my own. But the cage is locked, so I have to get someone with Electronics keys to unlock it. And ALL FUCKING DAY nobody would bother getting them for me. Eight hours, and it was "after this" "oh I forgot" "I'm with someone" blah blah blah. So I never did get the box, and they're still locked up and NOT in my system, so I can't sell them tomorrow unless Candy managers to convince someone to give them to her.
Then I had another prospect ready to purchase a phone. Well, first he argued vehemently with his mother, and I tried to gently educate the both of them. He was bent on a contract phone, she was lobbying hard for a pre-paid. I explained the pros and cons of both. But by then he was in the middle of a teen hormone induced hissy fit complete with stomping off and saying, "NEVERMIND, since you don't want to LISTEN to me ANYWAY!!" They eventually returned and he wanted me to check his credit for Verizon. I explained that my system would allow me to check Sprint at the same time, just in case he was rejected by Verizon--given his age and what I assumed would be a thin credit file, it's always a possibility. I took his ID (broken into about 10 pieces and taped together with masking tape), and filled out the info. It came back with a two-part message: Sprint: We require a $100 deposit to complete this transaction. Verizon: We cannot complete a credit check at this time, continue with this process and we'll give a final price at the end.
Yes, what they wanted was for me to go ahead and convince this customer to pick out a phone, decide on a plan, put everything in the system, SIGN THE FUCKING CONTRACT, and then see what the deposit would be.
I call the help desk. Can we just figure out what the deposit will be? Why go through the whole sale process only to be told no? What the FUCK kind of "guest experience" is that?? I am on edge because I know this will end badly. The agent explains that if she checks his credit, she will have to complete the activation over the phone (which would mean I would not get commission, AND I could not sell him a phone at the promotional price!), because once he's in the system, if it's stopped, he's blocked from applying again for six months!
This guest was dead set on Verizon, though, so he decided to take a chance. I explained that Sprint tends to be the lowest of all of the carriers, but I wouldn't expect Verizon to be much different. So first I have to walk to the back and get a phone (guest waits about 4 minutes for this). Then I come back, scan the phone, discuss the different plans, select the chosen plan, then go over all the terms of the contract. Blah blah early termination fee, blah blah cancellation policy blah blah blah, sign here. Now we're in it about 10 minutes. Sign. Click "Continue" tick tock tick tock, oops guest what? Fucking FIREFUX crashes.
Now what? I have all his info in there somewhere, right? And I can't start again, he'll be locked out, or so she said. I call the help desk again. On hold for about 7 minutes. (This guest has two teenage sisters, an the three of them are arguing like cats and dogs) Finally an agent gets on. I explain. She remotes into my computer and pokes around a little. Finds nothing. Decides his info isn't in the system and I should just start from scratch. Sure, why not, because doing the same thing isn't about to have the same result, RIGHT?? She stays on the line and I re-enter everything. This time, for some bizarre reason, it goes through. Now it's been over 30 minutes since he arrived. The final page comes up: A $400 deposit is required to continue.
Now if these fucking imbeciles had bothered providing that information from the start, I could have guided the guest toward Sprint and it's much lower deposit. But at this point he's been standing there for more than a half hour and he just got slapped in the face. He was over it and ready to leave. I don't fucking blame him, I wanted to burn the place down too.
At this point, I'm wondering what on earth I did in a past life to deserve this. I'm seriously pouring over every little decision I've made since Kindergarten wondering how it all came to this, like I'm a goddamned plaything for the universe to pat around and poke just to entertain someone.
First, everyone on the district chat ap was talking about how they'd been instructed to ship back our Celebrite machine to be updated--the device we use to transfer info from an old phone to the new one. I had received a call the previous day about what equipment I had, but no mention was made of shipping anything. And I know how this works--if it's supposed to get shipped back and I don't do it, it'll just languish in my drawer for years before anyone discovers that they never received it to update it and ship it back to me. And I need this thing to work--I have lost sales because I can't save people's contacts or photos or whatnot. I made a couple of calls and didn't reach anyone with an answer. I emailed Opie, who said he forwarded it to his boss to get an answer. I'm already pissed off about having to take the call about what equipment I have in the first place because no less than three fucking times I've been forced to fill out an online questionnaire detailing what equipment I had and whether or not it worked. So the phone call was just another step in a litany of redundantly wasted time. I really did think it took a special kind of stupid to be stupider than The Hut. Eventually later that afternoon, I received yet another call from another agent, asking the same damned questions. This time, however, he assisted me in identifying what needed to get shipped back and how to ship it. Finally, something was fixed.
In the meantime, I had a delivery to check in. Well, a package arrived with some GS4's in it. Yay! When the store receives them, it gets checked into their system, and then they lock it up to give to me when I come in, because they usually arrive around 5am when I'm not there. Naturally nobody bothered telling me they arrived, I figured that out on my own. But the cage is locked, so I have to get someone with Electronics keys to unlock it. And ALL FUCKING DAY nobody would bother getting them for me. Eight hours, and it was "after this" "oh I forgot" "I'm with someone" blah blah blah. So I never did get the box, and they're still locked up and NOT in my system, so I can't sell them tomorrow unless Candy managers to convince someone to give them to her.
Then I had another prospect ready to purchase a phone. Well, first he argued vehemently with his mother, and I tried to gently educate the both of them. He was bent on a contract phone, she was lobbying hard for a pre-paid. I explained the pros and cons of both. But by then he was in the middle of a teen hormone induced hissy fit complete with stomping off and saying, "NEVERMIND, since you don't want to LISTEN to me ANYWAY!!" They eventually returned and he wanted me to check his credit for Verizon. I explained that my system would allow me to check Sprint at the same time, just in case he was rejected by Verizon--given his age and what I assumed would be a thin credit file, it's always a possibility. I took his ID (broken into about 10 pieces and taped together with masking tape), and filled out the info. It came back with a two-part message: Sprint: We require a $100 deposit to complete this transaction. Verizon: We cannot complete a credit check at this time, continue with this process and we'll give a final price at the end.
Yes, what they wanted was for me to go ahead and convince this customer to pick out a phone, decide on a plan, put everything in the system, SIGN THE FUCKING CONTRACT, and then see what the deposit would be.
I call the help desk. Can we just figure out what the deposit will be? Why go through the whole sale process only to be told no? What the FUCK kind of "guest experience" is that?? I am on edge because I know this will end badly. The agent explains that if she checks his credit, she will have to complete the activation over the phone (which would mean I would not get commission, AND I could not sell him a phone at the promotional price!), because once he's in the system, if it's stopped, he's blocked from applying again for six months!
This guest was dead set on Verizon, though, so he decided to take a chance. I explained that Sprint tends to be the lowest of all of the carriers, but I wouldn't expect Verizon to be much different. So first I have to walk to the back and get a phone (guest waits about 4 minutes for this). Then I come back, scan the phone, discuss the different plans, select the chosen plan, then go over all the terms of the contract. Blah blah early termination fee, blah blah cancellation policy blah blah blah, sign here. Now we're in it about 10 minutes. Sign. Click "Continue" tick tock tick tock, oops guest what? Fucking FIREFUX crashes.
Now what? I have all his info in there somewhere, right? And I can't start again, he'll be locked out, or so she said. I call the help desk again. On hold for about 7 minutes. (This guest has two teenage sisters, an the three of them are arguing like cats and dogs) Finally an agent gets on. I explain. She remotes into my computer and pokes around a little. Finds nothing. Decides his info isn't in the system and I should just start from scratch. Sure, why not, because doing the same thing isn't about to have the same result, RIGHT?? She stays on the line and I re-enter everything. This time, for some bizarre reason, it goes through. Now it's been over 30 minutes since he arrived. The final page comes up: A $400 deposit is required to continue.
Now if these fucking imbeciles had bothered providing that information from the start, I could have guided the guest toward Sprint and it's much lower deposit. But at this point he's been standing there for more than a half hour and he just got slapped in the face. He was over it and ready to leave. I don't fucking blame him, I wanted to burn the place down too.
At this point, I'm wondering what on earth I did in a past life to deserve this. I'm seriously pouring over every little decision I've made since Kindergarten wondering how it all came to this, like I'm a goddamned plaything for the universe to pat around and poke just to entertain someone.
Comments:
Post a Comment